Wykeham - Somewhere in the south!

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Carl L

Re: Wykeham - Somewhere in the south!

Post by Carl L »

Unbelievable how tidy things are under the railway, ashamed to say mine’s a tip! You’ve got great will power not to start again, I’d love the excuse :o
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I dug this out of the stock cupboard - Lord Nelson Class "Lord Rodney" 30863. I have fitted a new 8-pin Hornby TXS sound decoder, speaker and power bank. I managed to insert an extension lead into the speaker cable, using a 1.25mm plug and socket. This enabled the speaker to be placed under the chimney in the loco rather than being fitted in the tender. It also allowed the use of a larger speaker box than those I have used in the past. I will probably rewire the speaker as the socket, placed under the cab, catches on the track in certain places.

ImageIMG_1689 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I used to have one of those. Beautiful loco. Didn’t look as nice as that one though.
Nurse, the screens!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Thanks Brian - it has been sitting in the cupboard since 2019. Very little track on which to run it at the moment, but the new windows are due to arrive mid-April, so hopefully the layout will be back to normal fairly soon.
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Something to look forward to Barry.
Nurse, the screens!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

As I cannot run trains at the moment, I am in the process of building some more "working" Ratio SR Concrete Platform Lamps. These are for the local model railway clubs exhibition layout. It is a very fiddly job, but I'm getting there :roll:

ImageIMG_1690 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Did you buy your cutting mat from Harrods. Mine looks like an explosion in a paint factory.
Nurse, the screens!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

This was a spare one that was just lying on the floor. I went to a model flying display last year, and bought a very large cutting mat, only to find I had no room to use it :roll:
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I did a similar thing and had to cut a bit off.
Nurse, the screens!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I have now finished preparing the working SR Concrete Platform Lamps for the local clubs exhibition layout. It took a little longer than expected as I ran out of bulbs (pre-wired LED's) - I hope they like them :roll:

The new windows are due to be fitted tomorrow, so hopefully by the week-end I can start getting the railway room back to normal? I have started to replace the Peco solenoid point motors with Cobalt Digital motors, and replace all of the point motor wiring with a bus cable that will allow all the points (28), to be operated digitally via push-buttons on the mimic panel - I have to build a new control panel, which will also have a panel mounted Gaugemaster Twin Track controller for operating the turntables (good ebay purchase :). So lots to do.
ImageIMG_1695 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr