Two Sister's Farm

Mountain Goat

Re: Two Sister's Farm

Post by Mountain Goat »

broadoak wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:02 pm Thanks for your interest Mountain Goat, glad you are enjoying the thread.
All the models with a central motor are either Athearn Blue Box, or Concor yard switcher chassis.
The motor drives to either one end or sometimes both.
I have never tried to use one motor with one truck.
If I need just four wheels I used either a Model Power unit or one bogie from a small Bachman swithcher, or a Tenshodo power truck.
I hope this makes things clear, also I must apologise for the late reply.

Kind regards Peter M
I missed out on buying Model Power locos as whenthey were available (At very good prices) I was into 00 so I did not need any. I do have one 4 wheel shunter and a Smallbrook kit for it waiting for me to build it ome where. I found it odd to be two wheel drive but it does have a fair weight to it so should be ok.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

That is it I'm afraid. Can I thank again Chris Nevard for taking the photos and Model Rail for letting me share them.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

This photo shows the TVO storage tank and the sacks loaded with potatoes look quite good I think but I cannot remember where I got them from. Despite searches I have never found them.

Over the years doing some local small shows with my regular helper Andy Knott who was sometimes in David Baily mode and took many excellent pictures. A touch more arty sometimes than the usual fare I think.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

These next group of photographs were taken at Wreck-Rail exhibition some time ago.

While checking everything over prior to the show I did a couple of jobs I have been meaning to do for some time. I have never liked the look of the driver in the green shunter so I used the dog as a sort of distraction. Now the shunter has a new driver and the little white dog has now taken up residence on the wooden bodied Simplex along with his owner who can no longer be seen. Children at shows seem to like to see the little white dog.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

The last picture features a Canadian Ford which as a boy was a particular favourite of mine. A local Fair used to spend the winter at a nearby farm and brought sacks filled with logs during winter months to help the coal supplies go further. They had one of these painted a desert sand colour with wide chunky tyres and the wheel nuts painted in red. I used to will the driver to give me a ride but of course he never did.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

A few shots to illustrate the differences  of the Opel truck the earlier version being the grey coloured example with the gas producer. Actually it was the red and green version which came out later in real life that reminded me of the OB Bedfords that were used in the logging industry in New Zealand that sparked my interest in rail trucks. When made up this model was used to check clearances on the layout as it was being built.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

A few more general views of the yard on a typical working day.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

A few shots to illustrate the differences  of the Opel truck the earlier version being the grey coloured example with the gas producer. Actually it was the red and green version which came out later in real life that reminded me a little of the OB Bedfords that were used in the logging industry in New Zealand that sparked my interest in rail trucks. When made up this model was used to check clearances on the layout.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

I did a local show at a place called Cogenhoe, pronounced locally as Cook na.
 Andy Knott my usual helper had brought along his camera and took a few photos of the layout.

Wooden bodied Simplex based on one that worked at the Fleet light railway seen with hidden driver and his small white assistant.

Opel Blitz arriving in yard having spent the day in the fields in preparation for harvesting the main crop potatoes.

A view inside the dark interior of the engine shed.

Peter M