Montgreenan

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Hound Dog

Re: Montgreenan

Post by Hound Dog »

Thanks Barry……. No combine harvester used here, just peasant land workers cutting by hand, and who will be expected to start bailing the hay in the coming days - LOL
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

Hi Guys,

Back from my travels and trying to get some more time on the scenic detail on the layout.......took a step or two backwards by altering the lane leading to the Farm in order to incorporate a cattle grid, and that area is on hold wtg plaster to dry.

Have been focusing on the embankment leading to the westerly mainline tunnel and if I say so myself, I have produced the best seafoam trees that I have been able to make, this time using foilage from Woodlands Scenics, rather than my usual leave mixture......to be honest I didn't use the actual foilage fibre, but instead manipulated off the coating and then spinkled that texture over my hair spray coated trees......the result was better than I imagined.

Retreated back into the house now to paint some fancy cocktail sticks that Mrs Hound Dog bought, in order to build and install a trackside fence, hopefully tomorrow..........some grass tufts and wild-flowers in and around the fence posts etc and this section of the layout should be generally complete.........still loads more to do however.

Cheers - Richard

PS - the section above and behind the tunnel has been lifted out in case you were wondering about the strange grass mound behind the trees.
Chops

Post by Chops »

I had to look twice to determine if this was real or replication.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Looks stunning Richard.
Sea foam trees look really good but they are easily damaged - I'm finding out the hard way.
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

That is incredible.
Nurse, the screens!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Brilliant - It really does look real - as it should. I've not had a go at trees yet.
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

Steve M wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:48 pm Looks stunning Richard.
Sea foam trees look really good but they are easily damaged - I'm finding out the hard way.
Steve - I agree that they can be very easily damaged but I find they can be strengthened by supergluing two or three together to make a more substantial structure, before then coating with leaves etc.

Some of my early attempts will need replaced once I finish the main build on my layout, probably sometime in the next 5 years - LOL
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

Quick update as the trackside fence is now fitted and the ponies let into the field.......one of the cheeky beggars is already trying to eat my trackside flowers, whilst the Mountain and Moorland pony is uninterested in the approaching Class 25, as he only likes "Peaks" - boom, boom !
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

Another little section of scenery completed on Friday evening, this being the exit from the Easterly mainline tunnel.......hope to do the opposite side of the track tonight..........
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I do believe you are getting the hang of this.
Nurse, the screens!