Radio Control

Viscount

Re: Radio Control

Post by Viscount »

I had a derailment today in a tunnel which, apart from stopping me driving the locomotive in question out of the tunnel, resulted in a short circuit. I have a removable section to access in such circumstances but it is a bit of a hassle to do. So, instead, I sent in the radio controlled locomotive which managed to recover the derailed one. Result! Try that with DCC.....
cadman

Post by cadman »

Would be exactly the same result on a DCC layout.......once the power to the track was disabled you would send in the radio controlled loco as you did........ :) ..........HB
Sorry I'm late but I couldn't get my flip-flops to work :roll:
Viscount

Post by Viscount »

I replied to this previously but seems it didn't register... anyway. I agree you could use RC with DCC but unlikely you could afford RC if already gone DCC ;-)) The point is that DCC isn't for everyone as others have posted. Thus an RC option with DC makes a lot of sense. OK?
Brian

Post by Brian »

Doesn't a RC loco in OO or N need track power to move?
Perhaps you're not OO and are using a larger scale, where a battery powered loco motor can be used?
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Viscount

Post by Viscount »

I am on OO. it's powered by a 1000mAh LiPo in a class 37 hornby. The battery sits where the lead weight sat.