Danderhall

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Chris

Re: Danderhall

Post by Chris »

Thanks guys,
I had painted the rear areas with a brown earth tone and that worked better the front was a little light and I ended up putting too heavy a cover on to try and hide that. That said the picture isn't that accurate a representation I think the image compression doesn't like it. anyway here is the little signal box in place, its not where I would really have liked to put it but I dont want it to have the back of the box to the front of the layout.
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Looks good. Signal box is OK there, has a good view of the junctions.
Nurse, the screens!
Chris

Post by Chris »

So I found some paving and have added what I can around the buildings
and also built a little representation of a cattle dock to fill a gap, it needs a certain amount of imagination as currently there are no gates to actually get into the wagons, but then there is no cattle either.

Chris

Post by Chris »

Walkingthedog wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:29 am Looks good. Signal box is OK there, has a good view of the junctions.
I would have placed it on the other side of the points but then all your seeing is the back of it so that is as good a compromise as I could come up with.

todays task is to finish rusting the side of the rails and then I might have to give everything a test run around again.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

That looks good - the signal box looks fine, I agree you don't really want the back of the box on view. Your rocks on the hillside above the tunnel portal look very realistic.
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I quite enjoy rusting the rail sides. Just do the side you can see.
Nurse, the screens!
Chris

Post by Chris »

BB, thanks the rocks were cast from a few moulds in a little diorama kit and look well. Maybe over did the colouring of them but then this layout is all about practicing the scenic side.

WTD, next time I might just paint all the track when I buy it rather than when it is fitted, ive also just found out that one siding has been missed in the fitting of droppers :shock:
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

If you paint it first make sure you attach the dropper before that.
Nurse, the screens!
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

I think that your comment, Chris, in post 23 sums up model railways very nicely, you need a certain amount of imagination. Yours is coming along very nicely.
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

You had better convert some of the fence to look like gates with diagonal cross bars, the cattle could arrive at any time.

Nurse, the screens!