Wire Strippers

Suggest or recommend suitable tools for use in constructing your model railway.
Brian

Re: Wire Strippers

Post by Brian »

Walkingthedog wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:04 pm Yes I have a set of those, and a set of teeth.
Really? Not that helpful possibly?
Is it just another toothless post? :o
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Bought them on your advice Brian. Excellent for stripping back bus wire insulation in the middle of a length.
Nurse, the screens!
darkscot

Post by darkscot »

Brian wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:36 pm Teeth! No Never!! These are possibly the best ever wire strippers I've owned.. https://www.toolstation.com/ck-automati ... 0strippers
Yes, these are excellent. I have the Stanley version from Screwfix, just the same except they are yellow.
Modelling post war LMS. DCC control via Roco z21 & multiMAUS
teedoubleudee

Post by teedoubleudee »

darkscot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:33 am
Brian wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:36 pm Teeth! No Never!! These are possibly the best ever wire strippers I've owned.. https://www.toolstation.com/ck-automati ... 0strippers
Yes, these are excellent. I have the Stanley version from Screwfix, just the same except they are yellow.
I've got the yellow Screwfix version too but found them OK on bigger wires but not so on the very small wires like those used in DCC decoders. I got a pair of the DCC Concepts ones at Christmas but have gone back to my trusty adjustable ones from my emplyees tool kit, over 40 years old!

I too used to use my teeth on ocassions but barely got enough teeth left to chew my food now!
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician