Hornby: A model world TV series

Post here items relating to Hornby. Including all their subsidiary makes.
Brian

Re: Hornby: A model world TV series

Post by Brian »

This weeks (Monday 29th) was one of the better ones IMO.
But the trailer for next weeks episode will no doubt have Frank Hornby turning in his grave! Seems that daft guy in the loft is trying to get loads of locos to pull him along!!! Really, what exactly does that do for the hobby other than make it look extreamly immature? :o
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
teedoubleudee

Post by teedoubleudee »

sandy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:45 am I have enjoyed all of the them so far. Amaising to see all the developement that goes into a simple plastic kit. And the time it takes.
I understand now why they cost so much.
They were 2 shillings (10p) when I first started making them. Came in a plastic bag with a stapled cardboard top. Prices started going up when they began putting the kits in full cardboard boxes :D
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

That was possibly the best episode so far - probably due to the lack of ridiculous content. Well, until they showed the trailer for ‘next time’.
Loved the out of the box thinking by the Vampire designer and I was quite taken by the Playtrains products - maybe time to start brainwashing the grandkids. :D
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
RogerB

Post by RogerB »

An amazing looking aircraft the Vampire. R-
Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts.
teedoubleudee

Post by teedoubleudee »

RogerB wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:20 pm An amazing looking aircraft the Vampire. R-
My first contact with an operational RAF jet was at ATC summer camp at RAF Bassingbourne, Cambs (now an army barracks). 1958 and I'm 14 years old helping refuel one of these! It was probably around this time I decided that I was going to "join up" which I did a couple of years later. Still think the vampire and venoms are a lovely looking aircraft though my subsequent service involved very much bigger ones!
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Most of its fuselage was made of wood much like its stablemate the Mosquitoe.
Nurse, the screens!
dtb

Post by dtb »

Brian wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:02 pm This weeks (Monday 29th) was one of the better ones IMO.
But the trailer for next weeks episode will no doubt have Frank Hornby turning in his grave! Seems that daft guy in the loft is trying to get loads of locos to pull him along!!! Really, what exactly does that do for the hobby other than make it look extreamly immature? :o
I presume you mean that Sam chap?
I have caught up online tonight and lo and behold we had to endure JK with upside down project and the equally boring Everard Jnct with his scrapyard yawn, I think I should get in youtube I would be a sensation considering I'm boring, dull and uninteresting!

Why fill the show with such rubbish when they could use the race to beat Hattons with the Genesis coaches or Rails with the Terrier :D
RogerB

Post by RogerB »

@dtb

You are one episode behind. There was one last Monday 29th Nov, that is the one folk are referring to.
You could use UKTVPlay which is free and has the latest episode very quickly after broadcast. If there is a repeat broadcast then it appears when the repeats have finished.
R-
Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts.
Brian

Post by Brian »

It's transmitted on Mondays at 21:00 then repeated on the following Saturday at 14:00 or can be viewed on catch up. Yesterday TV channel. This weeks episode is called Vampire.
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
dtb

Post by dtb »

RogerB wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:39 am @dtb

You are one episode behind. There was one last Monday 29th Nov, that is the one folk are referring to.
You could use UKTVPlay which is free and has the latest episode very quickly after broadcast. If there is a repeat broadcast then it appears when the repeats have finished.
R-
Yes I watch them on UKTVPlay but as I watched them early evening (Monday) it hadn't appeared, I'll catch up tomorrow now.
Thanks