From test track to Pendale

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Del Boy

Re: From test track to Pendale

Post by Del Boy »

Sorry Broadoak, as a beginner on here how do I see your photographs? All that I have are ? ? ? Where they should be. Obviously I am doing something wrong!
Derek
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Hello Derek, I am afraid I am no expert on this but it seems the problem is at your end as others can see my photographs. The problem seems to be in the way your PC is set up, assuming you are using a PC. If it is a phone then I'm sorry to say I haven't a clue. Perhaps one of our more computer literate members can help, they are a friendly and helpful bunch.
Regards Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

I like small diesels as well as small steam locomotives and this 25 in early blue livery is about as up to date as I get.

A class 37 in a livery and appearance that would never have been seen in Cornwall but I claim modellers licence so she appears here. In reality she would have been painted grey as the 37’s replaced the 25’s.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

A few shots of a class 8 shunter working at what is now known as Pendale dries or halt. She has a load of wooden wagons loaded with ball clay.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Another useful member of my loco stud is the Class 128 parcels carrier. Being very heavy the model runs superbly, just right for shunting. So we assume she is bringing some parcels in the wagon being towed, probably animal feed and seeds for sowing the farmers collect them from Pendale Halt.
Sometimes as in the photos the empty wagon is for a load of bagged ball clay for an urgent order. The empty wagon is swapped for the full having run round its train.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

I have done a little more work on Pendale in the hope of making it look a little more realistic. I have never been very happy with the buildings I drew on the left hand back scene so they have now gone and been replaced by a drawing of an abandoned clay dry which I think looks much better.
The narrow width of the base board restricts how much can be added so I have had to rely more on painted back grounds than three dimensional models. I am in the throes of adding some small odds and ends at the right hand end in front of the clay dries to give a bit more interest.
I should not complain really as it started out as a test track and was never intended to be a layout in itself. Some photographs will follow in due course when I have decided how much I can get away with.

Peter M