As yet un-named, my OO layout starts.

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Too Tall

Re: As yet un-named, my OO layout starts.

Post by Too Tall »

Hi Stese.
Those home made versions look the ticket for angled cuts, I also found a video on YT where they used brass screws and soldered the rails to those, I may give that a go as the lower section will be in a tunnel so not visible.

As mine is literally a lift out section, I cant plug and socket it, but I have now removed the loose pin hinges and used some suitcase catches which look better (not that they will be seen once all is done), but more importantly are going to be easier to get to (I hope).
I am going to use some small right angle brackets to butt up against to ensure alighnment front to back for now.
I also will have an upper level to deal with, but I think I can use some vertical plug and sockets for that, and if fixed to the lower level removeable section, hopefully will ensure that it all lines up properly.
A walk in the park for the experienced builder, but for me its a steep learning curve :lol:
Walkingthedog

Re: As yet un-named, my OO layout starts.

Post by Walkingthedog »

My lift out section is held in position with large metal pins pushed into holes from above. Almost invisible when pushed fully home.

Nurse, the screens!