Neptune Street

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Carl L

Re: Neptune Street

Post by Carl L »

Thanks for giving this some thought, it actually is a lift out section, but I get so fed up of trying to align 4 sets of double track that I’ve taken to crawling under. I really should just lift it out and save my knees, alignment takes, what, five minutes :D
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I had a lift out section for years but hardly ever used it as it meant unplugging leads to it then plugging them back together etc., so last month I hinged it, my knees sent me a thank you letter.

Nurse, the screens!
Carl L

Post by Carl L »

That looks good, I’m going to give it some more thought, I know it’s doable.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I have a lift-up section rather than a lift-off. It is wired very simply - enough slack in all wires to enable section to be raised an lowered. The lift-up section has a large section of platform (with lights), a powered turntable and three point motors, and of course the bus cables. All have survived twelve years of going up and down with no chaffing of the wires. I would also add that across the joint there is a five track fiddle yard and a two track branch line, the rail joints match up perfectly after every "lift-up". I do tend to leave it down and crawl underneath - the back and knees are still working ok :)
Image100_0379 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr