As yet un-named

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
IanS

Re: As yet un-named

Post by IanS »

I suggest 'No Place' for the name.

There is actually a village called 'No Place' in County Durham near Beamish Open Air Museum.
Jsa274

Post by Jsa274 »

The photos from the first couple of pages of posts are fantastic. That era and look is pretty much what I aspire to on my late 90s/early 00’s layout. Very brave to decide to make significant changes at that late stage on the build, I’m not sure I’d have the heart to dismantle it having got it looking so good. Keep up the good work!
davidrivett

Post by davidrivett »

Certainly took a while for me to go down this route after the work I'd done, but so pleased I have. Running of locos 100% better as I've soldered droppers to each one instead of relying on the fishplates to form the connection.

Currently in the process of extending out the freight yard board making a freight centre or steel works area so already changing my plans.

All for the greater good though!
Chops

Post by Chops »

Wow, astonishing progress. "Dunsworth" just popped into my head.
davidrivett

Post by davidrivett »

Extension to the freight depot now in place, platform area for loading and 2 track crane for containers or steel etc.going to have low relief buildings encasing the scene to give the image the site is a busy and vast area

davidrivett

Post by davidrivett »

Evening, been slow with progress lately due to weather and time away but managed to finally start to connect the lower level up today.

Line to the left up the gradient to the main lines, middle is to the low level branch loop and right are 2 sidings for fright or stabling, haven't decided yet.

Called into the Tyneside Model Railway exhibition over the weekend, some great modelling on show especially the early 90s layout. Amount of stock on show along with variation was immense!

Bagged a Hornby mk3 sleeper in IC livery for £35 which I thought wasn't bad for brand new.

Onwards and upwards!

davidrivett

Post by davidrivett »

Haven't posted for a while, thought I'd show a few updates of Diesel Depot from its origins to nearly complete

cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

Looking good.
nOexp33

Post by nOexp33 »

i must say it was worth popping in to post only the second post of the day, just to say the layout looks awesome, keep the photos coming
davidrivett

Post by davidrivett »

Hi all, haven't updated, but I've been busy as you can see!

Last of the track finally (but temporarily laid), just awaiting a delivery of additional dropper wiring before fully screwing everything down. Bit of fettling to do on wood uprights, shaving an mm off or 2 to get as level as I can.

It's great to actually have 3 running lines as a loop - 2 on top level and 1 on lower level. Both are linked by incline around the back as pictured, where I've tried to incorporate into the landscape without looking too out of place. The arched bridge was a nightmare due to angles but satisfied with the outcome.

Plenty of scenery and weathering to do, with new station buildings (old Hornby roof as pictured just temporarily there). Freight yard to be done too and lights in and around TMD to be trialled.

Lastly, the new section lower down alongside the terminus platforms linked to the low level is made and can incorporate 3 tracks without looking too busy. But what to make? Thinking carriage sidings or a parcels scene.

Happy modelling!