LUMSDONIA

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
TimberSurf

Re: LUMSDONIA

Post by TimberSurf »

Dublo wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:43 pm Hi Timber
Love the textures and colouring of your Bridge, seeing it with the mock scenery has helped to build a picture of your aims. Your getting the full thumbs up from me (for what that's worth)
Cheers Dublo.
The mock hides the tatty uncovered end that will get incorporated into the surround and helps everyone 'see' it in a proper setting, not all will get the 3D model. (proof of concept for me too!)
TimberSurf

Website > Lumsdonia.co.uk
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

Bandit Mick wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:01 pm Very very nice TS.
Cheers.
Keep your eye out for the next bridge!
Last edited by TimberSurf on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimberSurf

TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

twalton1145 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:04 pm Can't wait to see it in situ. Brilliant work!
Ted
Cheers.
it will be a while yet! Two more bridges to complete yet and then a complex baseboard build before I get to the fun bit of adding the scenery :roll: .
TimberSurf

TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

As I now have 100+ followers (Subscribers) on my Youtube channel, I will be sheepishly follow the Youtube trend and have a competition!
A rare opportunity to 'hear' me in my 'narrator's' mode, I sound like the old guy from 'The Gadget Show' :o
A small bespoke prize is up for grab's, to celebrate the 100 subscriber milestone.
Take a gander, join the fun and take part! You never know, you might win!

100 Youtube Subs Competition announcement :?
TimberSurf

TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

The follow up video to my 100 subs competition is out now, with an insight into LUMSDONIA given by the answers and the winner is named!

100 Youtube Subs Competition Winner
TimberSurf

TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

There are not many suppliers who sell screen printed white window surround/bared acetate sheets, of the few, even less that suite Linka window tiles, and it struck me that not all windows are white! Unfortunately, home PC printers cannot print white, but they can do all other colours.
This means that black windows (meaning those with leaded lights) can be done and so too, all the other colours!
Given that I have the advantage of manipulating graphics accurately with CAD, it struck me that rather than trying to create each window pattern individually in a graphics package, I could mass produce the design in CAD quite easily.
Given that I can make a vast array of designs, that can be downloaded from the net and printed on a home printer, I have opted to share with everyone, like my tarpaulins, on my website. It has taken me much more time and effort to upload and create the web pages, than it did to actually design them all! :lol:
The first batch (two pages) are for Linka Brick buildings, but could equally be used in other types of buildings or scratch built ones. I intend to add more for Linka stone. At the moment, there is a range of plain, Georgian, Georgian with bulls eyes in, some with a central mullion and a few Jail bars!
I will do the same for the stone, but will get around to adding leaded lights for suburban homes and Church Lancet. I will also make some 100% cover sheets for scratch builders and some resized versions for use in other scales.

Linka Brick Leaded

Linka Brick Coloured

Once a pdf is downloaded, a paper print can be made for testing (or used as is with clear acetate over the front) and then an acetate sheet can be printed and used.

Feel free to give me feedback and any suggestions for the future
TimberSurf

RogerB

Post by RogerB »

Brilliant - and bookmarked. Thank you. R-
Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts.
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

A day trip to Bala Lake (narrow gauge) Railway and complimentary Model Railway show yielded three things other than a great day out!
I came back with a good haul of second hand wagons (mostly Mainline) to top up my block rakes and two video's!

Bala Lake Railway ride

and

Bala Lake Railway Model Railway Show
TimberSurf

TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

I bought a Petite Properties Church to make a diorama, it is more or less finished, still need to tidy up a few bits, do some weathering, etc

It is[12.5in by 24in (320x610mm)]. It is edged with an angled side so, as tapered, it will drop into a flush, mating hole in the layout.
The diorama features built in sound, full lighting (four separate circuits:- the lychgate, external flood lighting and two in the church), animated coffin, animated wedding photographers flash, working synchronous multi clocks, super detail stained glass windows, complete compound walling, lychgate, 120 realistic graves, wedding scene, funeral scene, grave diggers shed and a feature I have not seen before, detachable quick removable roofs!
I was not happy with the buttresses as supplied, so decided to make my own, using SMS quoins, I made a master, glued a wooden former together and cast it in silicon, so I can now crank out lots of the same in plaster. I also added the spire, as not supplied in the kit and developed my own idea for the stone covering and added the additional quoins.

So here is the Church Video
TimberSurf

IanS

Post by IanS »

Fantastic detailed modelling, well done!