Broadoak

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
broadoak

Re: Broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Many thanks WTD, I suppose I ought to get a green version,or an early type 57xx with the different cab and round spectacle windows in the front of the cab.

Kind regards Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

By way of a change I am featuring a few shots of locos taken looking downwards and from the back. I don’t know why but I find these views most attractive and a change from the three quarter frontal views so often seen in magazines and books.

This picture shows No 8711 propelling a shunter’s truck with a shunter hanging on the side. The figure is actually a sailor and what he’s doing in Broadoak yard I’m not sure but he looks the part I think.

In this picture we see No 8711 in rather clean condition arriving with a short goods train. In the background is a 45xx prairie in the bay having taken on water.

This time we are looking down on pannier No 3711 arriving to do some shunting in the yard. You will note she has the customary fire irons and bucket lodged in the lamp brackets at the back of the coal bunker.

A closer view of 57xx class no 3711 shunting in the yard behind Medusa Cement's large silo.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

I have already featured a Western class 22xx, a rather tatty one that I was given many years ago. I must say I like these little engines and to my mind are the perfect branch line power having a tender and able to carry that much more water. Some say they look a little un- balanced but to my mind they have a purposeful look about them.
This version is another Bachmann example. The motor unusually is mounted vertically but like all Bachmann locos runs very well indeed. She has a crew lamps and fire irons added. She has had a light dirty coloured wash over her body so she looks used but still in fairly clean condition.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

A few more photos of the Collet 0-6-0 arriving at Broadoak then shunting in the yard. The cut of wooden wagons with loads of stone is spotted in a long siding next to the goods shed yard. After several loads are spotted here a larger loco will take the whole cut to the main line connection.
In the first photograph the hut next to the signal box appears to have sunk into the ground on the right side. It must be an optical illusion as the model is perfectly level. I’ve just re checked it.

Peter M
Chops

Post by Chops »

:) The Leaning Hut of Broadoak. Marvelous layout.
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Many thanks chops for your comment.

A few shots of another couple of my favourite locomotives. The small prairie. I have two, a black version with the smaller tank and the green version with the larger sloping front tanks. Both are Bachmann models and run superbly. Both have a few details added, lamps, fire irons and crew figures. They have been lightly weathered as well to give a work stained appearance.

No 4545 about to leave the road behind the engine shed for a day working the fly.

The black prairie hard at work shunting a stone train in the yard.

Here we see no 4545 shunting in the yard with a pannier waiting to leave the bay platform at Broadoak.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

No 5541 is seen on the track next to the engine shed which is also the head shunt for R E Lee Farm Supplies, who are also seed and feed merchants.

This time she is seen shunting a cattle truck which is used for the transport of broccoli and other vegetables in season.

A couple of shots of 5541 leaving the bay platform with an ex GWR B set.

Peter M
cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

Very impressive photos again.
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Thanks for your kind words Cheshire Lines.

By way of a change for you all it is time for a few pictures of some of my diesels as I am an unashamed diesel fan.

The first loco is a class 25/3 in an early blue livery. It is an Heljan model and like all their models is a superb performer, quiet and smooth.

No D7661 is seen arriving at Broadoak with a mixed goods train.

She is seen having just uncoupled before going to the Midas Cement unloading facility.

She is next pictured backing into the cement facility to collect two empty cement wagons.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

The class 26 was a diesel I simply liked the look of wearing her green and white livery. The model was on offer at the time so I quickly bought one. At this point my imagination came into play, a very useful tool the imagination. In reality the class 26’s never worked in the area I am modelling.
The fiction is due to the smaller wheels the loco was on test as the local quarries are up curved undulating tracks on a gradient.
The model is another Heljan example and apart from the droopy couplings, which I changed for Hornby ones has always run very sweetly.
D5302 arriving at Broadoak with for a change a parcels train.
A close up of the weathered bogies.
About to run round her train.

Peter M