Diesels at Crown Point.

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
glencairn

Re: Diesels at Crown Point.

Post by glencairn »

bulleidboy wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:26 pm Great pictures as usual - where did you find the postman?
Thanks, Barry.
Gee! You had me wracking my brain regarding the postman. I know I have had him for several years. I did not buy him specifically. He was in a 'job lot' I acquired from a friend.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Many thanks - I'll start looking.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Inverness based Class 47 47515 'Andrew Carnegie' on a Leeds Central to York local train arriving at Roseville Station.
IMG_2148.JPG
The same train near the Junction
IMG_2150.JPG
A Leeds Central to Dewsbury Market Place DMU approaching Leeds Sovereign Street Station.

IMG_2153.JPG

Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Some new items arrived last week.

Triumph Mayflower car. Two motorcycles with sidecar.
IMG_2158.JPG
Chimney pots, nameplates etc.
IMG_2159.JPG
All purchased from Model Railway Scenes, London.

Glencairn
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

I really like that last scenic photo with the locomotive poking its nose around the corner between the industrial buildings.

Regarding the postman, Modelscene (by Peco) do a OO/HO postman. It (he) can be bought painted as part of a set of five figures (Passengers Standing Set B - 5058) or unpainted from a set of 20 (Unpainted Passengers and Station Staff - 5200). It's not the same figure as in Glencairn's layout, but it's an acceptable old-fashioned postman. I confess that I find the poses of the modelscene figures a little 'wooden', but scattered around the layout they look absolutely fine.
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

I had a Triumph Mayflower back in the late 60s, seeing your model David has re-lite some memories. ;) :roll:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I know someone who had a Mayflower for sale around 15 to 20 years ago. It ran and the only rust was surface rust. Just could have done with a respray. He sold it with about 20 to 30 other cars in a job lot as scrap value I assume as he needed to clear his garden and garage out.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

I am back after 'messing about on the high seas'.
IanAlan wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:23 pm I really like that last scenic photo with the locomotive poking its nose around the corner between the industrial buildings.
Thanks for your comment IanAlan.
brian1951 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:33 pm I had a Triumph Mayflower back in the late 60s, seeing your model David has re-lite some memories. ;) :roll:
Glad to revive old memories, Brian. :)

Mountain Goat wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:13 am I know someone who had a Mayflower for sale around 15 to 20 years ago. It ran and the only rust was surface rust. Just could have done with a respray. He sold it with about 20 to 30 other cars in a job lot as scrap value I assume as he needed to clear his garden and garage out.
I do not think I have actually seen a 'Mayflower'. The model was a 'must have impulse purchase'.

Now I must get into the train room.

Glencairn
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Very nice cherpy looking cars in real life. The dimensions and proportions are just right! Not sure what they are like to drive as I have not seen one in use. Only parked in a garage. Also saw one (May have been the same car but not sure) at a local garage about a year ago. Is a small servicing garage behind a small fuel station garage that I often see them working on interesting older cars and now and then they put rhem for sale. Not sure if they own the cars or if they are for sale on behalf of customers? I can ask as I am related to one of the ladies that sells the fuel though they maybe run separately... If I can remember which lady I am related to. My Dad was related to half the village (Actually a very small historic town) though even he or they could not remember how! Haha! I guess most small towns people would not venture that far out in the past though they did once as the town has a castle which had past connections from far and wide...
I could get my Mum to ask as I am a bit faceblinded as to who is who as I can't really picture faces...

Anyway... Yes. They have some interesting cars. The Mayflower is no longer there. Once saw an old VW Beetle there completely covered in fur!
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

George Wilkinson, Telehone Engineer is at his motorbike sidecar to fet some equipment to fix the telephone cables.

The scene was temporary to see how it looked and now to be a 'permanent fixture' with some bedding in to do.
IMG_2189.JPG

D.K. (Archbold ) is talking to Barry Green (who is on the fork lift), before leaving Archbold & Glendinning's. D.K. has the Triumph Mayflower. How long for is another matter. I need to find a Jaguar Mark 10. The real D.K. had a Jaguar. :)
IMG_2190.JPG
Glencairn