Brewtown

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Forfarian

Re: Brewtown

Post by Forfarian »

Brian wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:37 am Nice idea. How about setting the three arms to danger (Horizontal) and glue small white (plastic or card strips) onto the front of each arm in a X shape. Denotes 'signal arm not in work' :D
I like the way you think :D
Forfarian aka Tim
Of course I talk to myself, I sometimes need expert advice!
Forfarian

Post by Forfarian »

With the ongoing installation of LED light signals a team of scrap merchants of dubious origin have arrived on the layout to remove the old semaphore signals. They seem to be contravening the Elf & Safe Tea regulation a little. ;) :o :lol:
Forfarian aka Tim
Forfarian

Post by Forfarian »

First attempt at a ground signal, using 3mm leds, is slightly over size scale wise (approx 5ft high), but i can live with that.
Forfarian aka Tim
Forfarian

Post by Forfarian »

I have decided to do a bit of plate laying, old cattle dock will be removed (obsolete) and lay some sidings for locos and rolling stock. I need to extend the layout, more space required.
Is it a major task to move the cold water and CH header tanks about 6 ft along the loft?
:lol: :lol:
Forfarian aka Tim
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Just a few feet of pipe from B&Q. :lol:
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Depends who does it. My son would find it dead easy. My brother-in-law would destroy the house.
Nurse, the screens!
Forfarian

Post by Forfarian »

Walkingthedog wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:04 pm Depends who does it. My son would find it dead easy. My brother-in-law would destroy the house.
I don’t.think planning permission will be forthcoming from above!
There are still rumblings about lack of loft storage space and the danger of the railway “bits” taking over.
Then again that could be used as an excuse for expansion :lol:
Forfarian aka Tim
Forfarian

Post by Forfarian »

I seem to have quite a bit of spare time on my hands!!!
Spent a few afternoons on the layout, finally managed to get my Hornby Sentinel running smoothly, complete strip down and removed some of the burrs from the drive cogs, it used to trundle along the rails before in jumps and starts. Very poor quality plastic castings, but now sorted and some serious running in - 2 hours each way.
I have also moved my toggle switch for my program track onto my control panel and added a buffer with LED on the end of the prog track so I know when the power to the program track is from the main NCE track supply or from the program supply. This alows me to use the prog track as an extra siding.
General loco maintenance and lots of cleaning wagon wheels.
Installed a couple of additional shelves and moved some of my "railway stuff" into the loft, now SWMBO is complaining about my desk being covered in fly tying equipment Ye can't win!!!!
Stay safe everyone.
Forfarian aka Tim
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Always amazes me how SWMBO can interpret five minutes in the railway room as "all day"! :roll:
Forfarian

Post by Forfarian »

bulleidboy wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:44 am Always amazes me how SWMBO can interpret five minutes in the railway room as "all day"! :roll:
But popping to the shops can also take "all day", If I am "sent" to Tesco it takes me about 30mins, her ladyship takes about 4hrs, if you take out all the time talking to friends, the Tesco shop would only be about 30mins, plus just had go to Aldi, Lidl & Asda to see if they had any deals and any other "ladies" shops open :lol: :lol:
Forfarian aka Tim