Broadoak

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
teedoubleudee

Re: Broadoak

Post by teedoubleudee »

Some nice action shots here. Well done.
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Thanks TDD I'm glad you are liking the photos so far.

Kind regards Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Since they were first introduced I have always liked the look of the Hymeks, they are just that little bit different in appearance. They were probably the most successful of all the hydraulic locos running on the Western. Originally designed to do the work of the Hall and Grange class steam locos but in fact ended up doing the work of Castles as well.
The model is the Heljan version and like all my Heljan models performs very well indeed.
The photos show a mixed freight arriving at Broadoak and a selection of shots of D7015 at work shunting in the yard.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Another locomotive I am very fond of but really cannot justify having is a Western, but I don’t care I love the look of it. I always pretend it’s on a running in turn. I think they had in reality a very large following of fans.
Mine is the Dapol version and it ran quite well when first purchased but had a tendency to de-rail on some of my points. After some more running in it is now fine and gives no more trouble at all.
A few shots of the Western no D1035 WESTERN YEOMAN working on a running in turn I think at Broadoak. The large area of dark green doesn’t photograph well I’m sorry to say

Peter M
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Nothing wrong with Westerns. :lol:
I have a few that 'make the journey to Leeds Sovereign Street & Crown Point Yard'. :D
It was after about five years of 'searching' I found pictures of them at Leeds Central. Yeah!!!

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

And why not that's the great thing about railway modelling it means using our imagination.
One of the most useful tools a modeller has.

Kind regards Peter M
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

You don’t need an excuse to run them. I had 3 on my OO layout.
Nurse, the screens!
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Walkingthedog wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:15 pm You don’t need an excuse to run them. I had 3 on my OO layout.
Correct! My first diesel was Western Enterprise. It is over 40 years old now. Most of the others are in their 20s. :)

It is nice to find out that they did make it to the area I model.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

In reality the BR class 37 were probably the most successful of the original diesels in the BR modernization plan. I like the look of them as they remind me of the first main line diesels I saw regularly on the WCML, 10000, 10001 and the Deltic. The view from the cab is not as good as some other classes but they have a fine reliability record. I’m told by drivers the early ones were noisy and sometimes draughty but very reliable.
I bought my model, a Bachmann example from a dealer, but I happen to know who owned it originally and it had only been used for a few exhibitions.
I know the end details and colour are wrong for a Western based locomotive but I like the shape myself.
She is seen on a couple of occasions switching box vans in R E Lee Farm Supplies siding, an excellent source of traffic both in and out.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

A few more photos of my class 37 no D6707 in the bay at Broadoak.

Peter M