Pennsylvania RR

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Cliffyg

Re: Pennsylvania RR

Post by Cliffyg »

Mountain Goat wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:55 pm I love the way the buildings form a natural backdrop to hide the track behind.
Thanks :D I didn't want tunnels I'm looking at the idea of trains gradually disappearing out of view !
Andy

Post by Andy »

Really nice modelling !
Cliffyg

Post by Cliffyg »

East side of town loco depot starting to take shape !

glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Cliffyg wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:23 pm I didn't want tunnels I'm looking at the idea of trains gradually disappearing out of view !
I like it. IMHO many a layout is spoilt by everything around is flat, yet the train disappears into a mountain?

When a railway line is/was built the surveyor would try and choose the easiest route (and hopefully the cheapest). A tunnel was about the last thing they would want.

Carry on the good work.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
Cliffyg

Post by Cliffyg »

glencairn wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:46 pm
Cliffyg wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:23 pm I didn't want tunnels I'm looking at the idea of trains gradually disappearing out of view !
I like it. IMHO many a layout is spoilt by everything around is flat, yet the train disappears into a mountain?

When a railway line is/was built the surveyor would try and choose the easiest route (and hopefully the cheapest). A tunnel was about the last thing they would want.

Carry on the good work.

Glencairn
Thanks Glencairn
I must admit there are no gradients on my layout as the scene is set in a valley amongst the Allegheny mountains thats the theory anyway 😀 just one small tunnel tho to hide a tight radius !!
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Cliffyg wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:17 pm Thanks Glencairn
I must admit there are no gradients on my layout as the scene is set in a valley amongst the Allegheny mountains thats the theory anyway 😀 just one small tunnel tho to hide a tight radius !!
Set in a valley. Easiest and cheapest for the Company. I like it.

My layouts, Sovereign Street and Glencairn, are built to the same principal. No tunnels. The trains are part of the scenery.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.