Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
sandy

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by sandy »

Postman brought this to day. Got this in just before the shut down. see you all soon. Sandy
Sandy
teedoubleudee

Post by teedoubleudee »

sandy wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:06 pm Postman brought this to day.
What a nice postman :D and what a pretty loco
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician
sandy

Post by sandy »

Thanks TWD yes she is nice looker. Small but perfectly formed :D
Sandy
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I don't have many wagons - so I thought I'd add three. Weathered from The Model Centre.

ImageIMG_0779 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

You devil Barry. Next thing that might happen is that I will buy a coach.
Nurse, the screens!
Brian

Post by Brian »

Just arrived from Rails of Sheffield, after being on back order for almost two years (I had forgotten all about it!) a Bachmann Class 66 Evening Star. Converted to DCC and test run on my under construction new layout.
Not my era really, but I have the steam loco model, so the last Class 66 in the same livery and name was a no brainer for me :o Just need to fit the name plates onto both sides.

Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Nice looking loco Brian - likewise, not my era at all - but I'm tempted. Barry
darkscot

Post by darkscot »

Brian wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:31 pm Image
That really is very nice, I do like a class 66.
Modelling post war LMS. DCC control via Roco z21 & multiMAUS
IanS

Post by IanS »

This arrived today. With DCC sound fitted. I am a little disappointed in the sound options and the lack of lighting. I've also not worked out how to access F16 to alter volume (it's too quiet for my poor hearing) on the PE2.

Nevertheless, it looks good and is a good runner.

(After a few mistakes and breakages with other locos I've decided to get ready fitted DCC with sound when I can afford to - or wait - rather than try to install DCC myself.)
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

My latest item is a second drill stand as the other one is good, but it does need a bit of adjusting to get the drill sitting right so if I need to take the drill out for hand use, it is a bit of time spent adjusting things to get it to sit right again in the stand. This new stand is easier in that way as it was made for this drill and it is nice.
The old drill stand will not be forgotton. I plan to buy a cheapie drill and set it up so I can use it on those jobs where I may need to drill lots of holes in a specific place. While I will buy another cheapie drill, I do not like the type that one has to push a pin to lock the shaft to undo the collet like drill chucks. I want a proper chuck. I don't mind collets, but where I used to work they bought this minidrill set and it was a pain with that pain to push to lock the shaft... (Why didn't they just drill a hole across the shaft where one simply inserts a locking bar when they designed the things?)

Mind you, my main minidrill needs a new chuck and chuck key as after 30 years of use it is getting worn so that is something I need to get. :) Wow it has put up with some abuse! I have used 6mm drill bits in it and drilled through a fair thickness of wood and it is only little! And it goes down to either 0.03mm which is smaller then I need. I have lost my 0.03 drill bit. It was too small to find when it fell out of its container so I did not even know it had gone.

Well. I have sat the drill in the new drill stand. I have not tried drilling anything yet. I will need to set it up properly first to ensure that the drill goes exact centre as it has to be locked in the exact right position as this one can drill at angles which is fine, but it means I need to set the thing in the exact up and down position that I need. Once set it will be easier to take the drill in and out and it should stay in the right position.

Failing that, I may end up with a third minidrill for handheld use!

There was a dedicated minidrill in its integral drill stand but it said the max gap between the chuck and the base is only 3cm? That is hardly anything. I know I wanted a small drillstand but... :D

I could have made a drill stand out of my Unimat, and surprizingly, once set up they are dead on with no messing, but to do that and make a dedicated one (As it is a pain swapping things back and fore and having to set things up etc), the bits would have cost more then the drill stand I bought but less then buying a drill AND a drillstand... Uhmmm. :D
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...