Broadoak

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
broadoak

Re: Broadoak

Post by broadoak »

A small selection of photos which I hope will be of interest as it gives some idea of the variety of locos used on my small layout.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

I have mixed feelings about my latest purchase, the Dapol large prairie. It is a superb model which from all angles looks just right. It also has a superb cab interior detail, unfortunately this can’t be seen with crew figures and the cab roof in place. That doesn’t matter as I know it’s there.
I must admit the model has not run a great deal and its performance generally is excellent except over dead frog points where she hesitates sometimes. My Bachmann small prairies run over dead frog points perfectly, as do the panniers. She has improved no end by simply running her a bit more.
A selection of photos of the model arriving at Broadoak with and then setting out a mixed goods train.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

5150 now shunts the toad brake van into the wood yard siding and shunts the two wagon loads of household coal into the long siding to be unloaded later.
She then pulls the two wagons, a loaded container and a loaded open wagon coupled to the brake van out of the siding.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

She couples up to the empty box van and brake van plus the wagons already in the siding are pulled out and temporarily left in the goods shed siding. The empty box van is coupled up and is pushed into the timber yard siding to be loaded later. The brake van and wagons are then pulled out onto the main loop. The wagons are uncoupled and the loco runs round its train and couples onto the front of the wagons. She then backs down the yard to top up her tanks before setting off for the main line connection.

Peter M
Phil s

Post by Phil s »

Interesting and varied range of locos here mate, something I do like to see, and on a good layout too.
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Thanks Phil I appreciate that.

Kind regards Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

A typical start to the day with no 4545 a small prairie having been coaled and watered leaves the engine shed at Broadoak. She then makes her way to the loop leading to the head shunt of R E Lee Farm Supplies.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Once in the head shunt she passes the back of the garage and tractor dealership. Then couples up to the empty fertilizer van and pulls it out of the siding along the head shunt and pushes it out into the loop.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

The empty fertilizer wagon is pulled up into the bay platform which also serves as a head shunt for the large grain store and Morgan’s feed companies track. Then backed down to collect three more empty wagons from the grain store. These are then propelled back into the exit road where they are un coupled.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

With the wagons pushed into outbound track the prairie collects the brake van from the goods shed siding. The brake van is then coupled to the rake of wagons in the outbound siding and pulled forward into the main loop.

Peter M