My layout

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Hound Dog

Re: My layout

Post by Hound Dog »

.......Maybe the wrong side of Seventy, but clearly nothing wrong with the old grey matter - neat idea and great that it worked out so well for you.
Chops

Post by Chops »

Looks to be half the size of England. The viaduct along the back is visually dramatic. Any chance you might post some video of things running about?
The Sligo Rover

Post by The Sligo Rover »

What a great idea for you wiring.
Puddles

Post by Puddles »

Chops wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:51 am Looks to be half the size of England. The viaduct along the back is visually dramatic. Any chance you might post some video of things running about?
Hi Chops
Well the layout did have a lot of track but is now no more.
We are moving house from Devon and going up country to West Sussex,I have just finished dismantling the layout and it is now all boxed up and waiting for the Solicitors to do all the legal stuff with the house move so at the moment it is all in the lap of the gods. My dear wife (head Office) has allowed me to use a spare bedroom in the next house to rebuild my layout so in a few months time with a bit of luck I will be posting pics of the new layout rebuild.
I managed to salvage the entire brick wall that ran along the side so it will still feature in the new layout.

Puddles
It does not take me long to do five minutes work.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Best of luck with the house move. Barry
Puddles

Post by Puddles »

Thank you Barry
It is all a bit nerve racking at the moment along with miles of sticky packing tape everywhere and so much stuff to put in boxes, Shame the charity shops are all shut. :D
Bob

Puddles
IanS

Post by IanS »

Some charity organisations are taking in goods that can be posted. Check on-line if you have smaller (less than 10kg) items or clothes to go.
Puddles

Post by Puddles »

IanS wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:41 pm Some charity organisations are taking in goods that can be posted. Check on-line if you have smaller (less than 10kg) items or clothes to go.
Thank you Ian.
Chops

Post by Chops »

Are you going with a revised track plan? Seems the last one was a duck under affair. One supposes this is a good opportunity to pray whilst on one’s knees. Kill two birds with one stone. Can’t remember the number of times I’ve whanged my thick skull doing the crawl, sort of an simultaneous act of contrition. Glad the brick viaduct is carrying forward. Many thanks to the Head Office, we love your efforts.
Puddles

Post by Puddles »

I think I may revise the layout a little,maybe less track this time leaving more room for scenic sections that will tell a story and as to keeping the duck under it will all depend on the size of the room that Head Office lets me have. It will keep the old brain cells busy designing it all and I will be pinching a few ideas that I have admired from you guys out there.

Puddles