Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
Steve M

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by Steve M »

Walkingthedog wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:03 pm Was it busy at Warley Steve?
Not as much as previous years - you could tell they haven’t had a show for a while. Many of the small suppliers weren’t there at all. But there were plenty of rucksacks. :D
I suspect they will have to build the show back up to reach previous levels. There were quite a few new (to me) 3D printers at the show - particularly impressed by West Hill Wagon works. I knew them from their magnetic Hunt couplings but they had a good display of their 3D stuff (yes I bought a few) in 2/3/4/7mm scale.
Another new one in laser cutting is mmrmodels.co.uk - they have a particularly good over rail signal box that I would love to incorporate on the layout.

Something that was conspicuously absent was supplies of TTS decoders - looking for the A2/3 after yesterday’s purchase but they are a bit thin on the ground. It will be interesting to see how the TTS range develops with the forthcoming switch to 21 pins and Next18.

You might like this.

"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Might be a good thing they have to rebuild the show. I thought it had got too big.

Ooh that is nice.
Nurse, the screens!
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Brian, you may like this even more.

https://youtu.be/vqUdCNgoghQ
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

That is beautiful. That layout is always my favourite at big shows. Could watch it all day.
Nurse, the screens!
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

Steve M wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:16 pm Something that was conspicuously absent was supplies of TTS decoders - looking for the A2/3 after yesterday’s purchase but they are a bit thin on the ground. It will be interesting to see how the TTS range develops with the forthcoming switch to 21 pins and Next18.
I have several 21 and 8 pin decoders on test but your A2/3 is actually an A1/A3. You will not be disappointed with the next generation of TTS. For a start the sound variants support the steam generator and as stated by Hornby at Warley there is an optic spoke counter in development to ensure the chuff synch is exact. Whether the TT:120 range (Next-18) will ever get smoke is moot due to space required for the steam generator module, ditto the wheel synch device.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

RAF96 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:50 pm
Steve M wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:16 pm Something that was conspicuously absent was supplies of TTS decoders - looking for the A2/3 after yesterday’s purchase but they are a bit thin on the ground. It will be interesting to see how the TTS range develops with the forthcoming switch to 21 pins and Next18.
I have several 21 and 8 pin decoders on test but your A2/3 is actually an A1/A3. You will not be disappointed with the next generation of TTS. For a start the sound variants support the steam generator and as stated by Hornby at Warley there is an optic spoke counter in development to ensure the chuff synch is exact. Whether the TT:120 range (Next-18) will ever get smoke is moot due to space required for the steam generator module, ditto the wheel synch device.
My mistake on the class - probably explains why I struggled to find a decoder. :?
The ‘old’ A1/3 decoders are a bit thin on the ground - had to do a fair bit of searching to find one in stock.

The new 21 pin decoders sound very interesting - certainly the one in the display model at Warley was performing impeccably, looked and sounded very good. The steam generator seemed to have a very impressive capacity as It was running for a long time without refilling.

It’s noticeable that there are very few 8 pin decoders available at present. Maybe due to the worldwide chip shortage but I guess Hornby are not necessarily ordering more ahead of a wholesale switch to 21 pin?
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

I doubt i will ever use it, i have several sitting here, but it would of been rude
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Still a few trickling out of Chirk?
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

No Steve, i just helped someone out who needed some cash.
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

@Steve M
The new Hornby sound and non-sound decoders will come in a range of pin variants - wait for the 2023 range launch for full details of spec and prices, etc.