Neptune Street

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Carl L

Neptune Street

Post by Carl L »

It's a good while since I've posted an update on the development of Neptune Street, the last was on the former forum. I haven't reposted all those previous images of the baseboard construction or the early tracklaying process, instead the attached images are the current state of progress. Unfortunately 'house maintenance projects' saw progress halted for some time, but things have started moving on again.

Just as a recap; the layout is a 'folded 8' with goods yard on the left and on the right, shed yard. The shed area with turntable will be at the far end. No station is intended.

I'm now at the wiring stage and bus wires are installed. To avoid a lot of upside down soldering of droppers I've used 12 way distribution connectors, connecting the droppers to these and then the two wires from these to the bus wires. Many thanks to the excellent Brian Lambert website for this method (just hope I've done it right!) Hopefully the image may be useful to other members.

This weekend should see the bus wires connected across the lift out section at this end. The DCC switch on for the 2 main running lines is hopefully not too far away.

IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0919.JPG
JohnSmithUK

Re: Neptune Street

Post by JohnSmithUK »

Looks good.

Is it based on an Australian prototype?
Carl L

Post by Carl L »

Thanks John.

Re Australian prototype; not that I know of. As a teenager of all the layouts I had it was the one that I favoured. Coming back to the hobby after an absence of 38 years I wanted a good length of continuous run and the two yards for a bit of shunting.
Cliffyg

Post by Cliffyg »

Carl L wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:38 pm Thanks John.

Re Australian prototype; not that I know of. As a teenager of all the layouts I had it was the one that I favoured. Coming back to the hobby after an absence of 38 years I wanted a good length of continuous run and the two yards for a bit of shunting.
I think John was referring to your upside down photo of the layout ! ;)
Carl L

Post by Carl L »

With you now. Layout image? Displays right way up to me.
Andy

Post by Andy »

Great work. Hope that helps;
IMG_0044B.JPG
Mr Bones

Post by Mr Bones »

Coming along nicely well done
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

You've been busy. Some work has gone into that.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Cliffyg

Post by Cliffyg »

Interesting ! 😀
JohnSmithUK

Post by JohnSmithUK »

Cliffyg wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:51 pm
Carl L wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:38 pm Thanks John.

I think John was referring to your upside down photo of the layout ! ;)

I was indeed, but I'm taking nothing away from a great looking layout.