Forum colour

Questions about using the site
Montfort

Forum colour

Post by Montfort »

Hello,
I really like this new Model Railway Forum. A great bunch of very friendly folks. But is there another colour for this forum ? Too many forum are blue. Anyway, it's just a personal idea.
Rog (RJ)

Re: Forum colour

Post by Rog (RJ) »

I don't think there is any other colour choice available. I know members on New railway modellers were asking for a different colour choice when that forum's software was updated but it's never happened.
Montfort

Post by Montfort »

Thanks. I found this. It seems very difficult to change the color of the forum.
IanS

Post by IanS »

I was thinking from the link it is very straight forward with access to the .css file. Only the site admins can do the changes however. Let's get this more or less sorted completely before they attempt to break it!
Montfort

Post by Montfort »

Changing the forum colour was just my very personal idea. Nothing else... :oops:
Brian

Post by Brian »

Quick answer No. Slightly longer,it is possible and it may become user selected at a later date. There are several extensions that can be added to allow colour changes to occur. Blue is the basic one supplied with the forum software.
I'm not planning on changing or adding anything like that as yet though, I want the forum to bed in first. :D
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Montfort

Post by Montfort »

OK. Thanks. :D
Stese

Post by Stese »

Brian,

I think you've already sussed it, but you can download and install Themes, which will allow users to change the colour scheme.

Regards

Steve
Father, IT Guy, HO/OO Modeler.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Stese wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:08 am Brian,

I think you've already sussed it, but you can download and install Themes, which will allow users to change the colour scheme.

Regards

Steve
Hi Steve
Yes I am aware of the downloads, but I'm waiting for the forum to 'bed in' for a few days/week before fiddling behind the scenes too much. ;)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hi

I have now added a new style (Background) for the forum and users can change the default Prosilver to Latte from their User Control Panel access via the drop down list under their user name.

The picture attached explains the three basic steps....