Hogwarts Express

Here you can review a new or older model. Be honest in the review. Please observe the forum rules when posting. Especially item 7.
C37

Hogwarts Express

Post by C37 »

I ordered the Hornby Howarts Express set and it arrived today. I actually ordered it for my little one (honest) and my plan is to lay the track as it is on a suitable sized board and use it to polish up my scenery skills in lieu of me getting underway with my 'grown up project' (see post in welcome forum)

Anyhow my review:

Having been out of railway modelling for a long time, my first impression is just how beautifully made the locomotive and coaches are. In comparison to my first train set "midnight express" in the early 90s, the quality is incomparable. It really is a model, not a toy. That said, it captures all the charm of the train from the films that I love and is fun, with the nameplate and headboard and lovely little details.

Also the controller looks more modern and I do like the plug that is integrated into the track.

Very much look forward to getting the track down and getting this running and will update on the performance of the loco when I have had the chance.
teedoubleudee

Re: Hogwarts Express

Post by teedoubleudee »

I must admit to being an HP fan myself. If it was offered as a train pack rather than a train set I could be persuaded :mrgreen:
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician