Thank You

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Mountain Goat

Re: Thank You

Post by Mountain Goat »

Many people inspire me. (I apologise if I am mixing people on different sites as I am on more then one site).
Gerald H gives his layout a clever reason to mix old and new models and also locos and stock from different eras and on his layout everything comes together rather well.
Glencairn also does this with believeable results using a slightly different approach.
Dublo for his 3 rail which I hardly notice is 3 rail as everything "Fits" and looks the part. It makes one look at a rail railway and ask where the centre rail has gone as it looks so natural.
Chops for his enthusiastic approach and love for British models where British models are not so common.
WalkingTheDog for taking the plunge into 0 gauge which is quite a massive change but looks fun!
I can mention soo many! All Brians for their support. PinknosedPenguin for his amazing 7mm narrow gauge scenes...
Everyone with fun ideas and plans!
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Dublo

Post by Dublo »

Hello all
Thankyou very much for your kind words Mountain Goat. I find it very humbling to receive praise from ones peers. I would never have the courage to build my own track as you have done, and your method of point control is inspired. There are many excellent models and ideas from a number of people that light a spark for me, I hope that people are able to see elements of that in Little Weldon.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Kind words from you all to which I would certainly add my own. I think we are all inspired by what we see and read. I spent a long time looking at YouTube videos, reading model railway magazines and attending exhibitions, just to get some idea of what could be done and how I was going to do it. I look at many layouts on this forum, and think "I wish mine could look like that". It's good to hear that eagle125 has been revitalised - I think we all occasionally get into a rut and walk away from what we are doing. We all need a bit of inspiration - especially at the moment. BB
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I need some inspiration to decide whats to fill the open spaces on my O gauge layout with. Need some BR type vehicles but there aren’t many about.
Nurse, the screens!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Walkingthedog wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:03 am I need some inspiration to decide whats to fill the open spaces on my O gauge layout with. Need some BR type vehicles but there aren’t many about.
I expect you've seen this one? https://www.hattons.co.uk/89851/oxford_ ... etail.aspx
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Yes thanks Barry I have one on order. What I would like is a Scammell Scarab.
Nurse, the screens!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Walkingthedog wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:42 am Yes thanks Barry I have one on order. What I would like is a Scammell Scarab.
You would have to paint it - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listi ... dition=all

I can't see if it's still available?
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Thanks Barry, good find. I have ordered it. Will repaint it as you suggested.

Very good price as well.
Nurse, the screens!
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Many thanks, Mountain Goat. Glad to have helped (in whatever shape or form).

Many a layout has inspired me to try something or add something to Crown Point and Sovereign Street even though my approach to model railways is rather unorthodox.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.