Oxford Rails Dean Goods

Here you can review a new or older model. Be honest in the review. Please observe the forum rules when posting. Especially item 7.
Chops

Oxford Rails Dean Goods

Post by Chops »

dean goods 2.jpg
Never owned an Oxford Rails piece before. This piece is simply fabulous in detail and in running characteristics. Knocked my socks off.
Backhead detail is brilliant. I have yet to take the time to add the tiny coupling chain to the front buffer beam because I am having
too much fun running this gem to take the time to do it right. Which I will. Tomorrow. :D
Chops

Hornby OO Stephenson's Rocket

Post by Chops »

[attachment=0]new rocket 3.jpg

Hornby's Stephenson's Rocket is brilliant in every respect. The detail is exquisite. The running capabilities are just perfect.
The tender has pick ups, with the locomotive, so that it goes across diamonds and crossings without the slightest whimper.
For those so inclined, there is a DCC socket in the water barrel. This piece rolls my socks down.

The old Triang Rocket is actually S scale, not OO, so I am told. This to fit the tiny, weak, open framed motor, which had two
speeds, like the Sopwith Camel: full on and full off. Mine last ran in 1991, then promptly rolled over and expired. Tried
since then to repair it. No soap. The thumbnail is a photo of the Triang set in 1991.