Help needed to identify 'things'

Just joined, say 'Hello' in here
Sundaypainter

Help needed to identify 'things'

Post by Sundaypainter »

Hello
I would like to ask the panel what these items included in a Slaters kit are for please. They are too small to be buffers. The kits are Grounded Van Bodies and pretty old I would think.

Cheers

Chas (Sundaypainter)
dtb

Re: Help needed to identify 'things'

Post by dtb »

maybe to raise them above the ground, they used to be raised usually on sleepers.
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Look like buffer beams to me. Certainly buffer heads in the bag. Grounded wagons usually had the buffers removed.
Nurse, the screens!
darkscot

Post by darkscot »

That is interesting. I have a slaters grounded wagon and it came with sleepers to sit it on. I wonder if they put the wrong accessories in the bag?
Modelling post war LMS. DCC control via Roco z21 & multiMAUS
Sundaypainter

Post by Sundaypainter »

dtb wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:54 pm maybe to raise them above the ground, they used to be raised usually on sleepers.
Thank you, another Grounded Van Body, from Ratio, had sleepers, ladders etc etc but not these mysterious things.....

Sundaypainter

Post by Sundaypainter »

Walkingthedog wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:02 am Look like buffer beams to me. Certainly buffer heads in the bag. Grounded wagons usually had the buffers removed.
Thank you for looking, there were the buffer beams, complete with holes for the metal buffers, moulded as part of the body, these other narrow thingies are a mystery...to me at least..

Sundaypainter

Post by Sundaypainter »

darkscot wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:42 am That is interesting. I have a slaters grounded wagon and it came with sleepers to sit it on. I wonder if they put the wrong accessories in the bag?
Sounds like a strong possibility, there were off eBay and also a 'bargain' if you get my drift...thank you for looking

Image This is a Ratio one, for no particular reason.
darkscot

Post by darkscot »

Sundaypainter wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:46 pm Thank you, another Grounded Van Body, from Ratio, had sleepers, ladders etc etc but not these mysterious things.....

Sorry, you are correct. It was the Ratio version I have. I forgot about the ladder, I wonder what happened to that?
Modelling post war LMS. DCC control via Roco z21 & multiMAUS
Nick Holliday

Post by Nick Holliday »

Those bits look suspiciously like fixings for tension lock couplings, with two still attached to the spruce.
dtb

Post by dtb »

darkscot wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:15 pm
Sundaypainter wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:46 pm Thank you, another Grounded Van Body, from Ratio, had sleepers, ladders etc etc but not these mysterious things.....

Sorry, you are correct. It was the Ratio version I have. I forgot about the ladder, I wonder what happened to that?
possibly MIA with mine come to think of it :o