Bachmann Cresley 2-6-2. Help.

Post here items relating to Bachmann. Including all their subsidiary makes.
Journeyman

Bachmann Cresley 2-6-2. Help.

Post by Journeyman »

Bought a Bachmann Cresley 2-6-2 V2 Class on the bay and when I opened the box one of the front bogey wheels fell out, also the two front driver wheel had come lose on their axle.
I replaced all the wheels but the connecting rods must be out of phase as some of the wheels are oscillating rather than rotating. Is there an easy way of aligning the connecting rods? And how are they phased left to right?

Cheers, Dave.
Stese

Re: Bachmann Cresley 2-6-2. Help.

Post by Stese »

i'm not an expert by any means but I think you are saying that the motionwork has lost its quartering.

essentally one side should be about a quarter turn in front or behind the other. so you might need to take all the motion off, and the rotate the driving wheels on one side.

let us know how you get on
Father, IT Guy, HO/OO Modeler.
Journeyman

Post by Journeyman »

Thanks Stese, yes what you say sounds right so the two sides should be 90 degrees apart rather than 180.
At the moment I’m working on getting the body off, it isn’t obvious how it’s held on, any tips on dismantling would be appreciated.

Cheers, Dave.
dtb

Post by dtb »

Journeyman wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:21 am Thanks Stese, yes what you say sounds right so the two sides should be 90 degrees apart rather than 180.
At the moment I’m working on getting the body off, it isn’t obvious how it’s held on, any tips on dismantling would be appreciated.

Cheers, Dave.
I can only find this, not sure how helpful it will be
http://www.lendonsmodelshop.co.uk/pdf/B ... 02-6-2.pdf
Journeyman

Post by Journeyman »

Thanks dtb that is the work sheet for my engine so it’s very useful.

Cheers, Dave.
Mike Parkes

Post by Mike Parkes »

The loose driving wheels are presumably due to plastic centre of the axle splitting. Contact Bachmann using the Service & Support Request form at https://www.bachmann.co.uk/page/service-request as they did have stocks of the requisite part and I believe were supplying them free of charge.
Journeyman

Post by Journeyman »

Thanks Mike that’s good to know will pursue that.

Wave, Dave.
Journeyman

Post by Journeyman »

So as Mike suggested I got in touch with Bachmann who had the necessary parts to fix it, it’s now up and running, just have to fix a problem with the Tender now! O yes and build a layout for it to run on! :)
Thanks for all the help and advise also I was pleased with the service from Bachmann who still had spares for a 29 yers old model and a great and helpfull back up team.
Dave.