Terrace House Number 1

A place to show what you are building, altering, kit bashing etc.
Malcolm 0-6-0

Terrace House Number 1

Post by Malcolm 0-6-0 »

Started building the Metcalfe terrace houses. Taking it slowly as repetitive modelling drives me nuts. I'm incorporating the detailing changes I tested on the corner shop using Wills slates and Evergreen sections. By the time I finish I'll have four of them.
Terrace Houses 1 1 1.JPG
Terrace Houses 1 2 1.JPG
Goingdownslow

Re: Terrace House Number 1

Post by Goingdownslow »

It is an odd style of house where the fronts are the symmetrical and the rears asymmetrical.
The interior floor plan would be interesting.
Your changes to the roof are a nice touch.
Paul-H

Post by Paul-H »

They layout of these building is actually very similar to the old Victorian house I used to own.

Paul
Goingdownslow

Post by Goingdownslow »

The first house I bought was of similar style. £975 in 1974. £100 deposit and £4.00 a week for about 5 years, I had been paying £4.50 a week rent in a council maisonette. Just checked on Zoopla, going for £80,000 now.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

If you can, add some stiffening pieces here and there to prevent the card from warping. The structures seem solid enough but I found dampness can take its toll. Additional card would have stopped this with my old card buildings.
It is fine work you have done. Well done.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Malcolm 0-6-0

Post by Malcolm 0-6-0 »

Thanks MG - these are pretty solid little buildings. To give Metcalfe their due they have plenty of internal bracing from the floors and ceilings.

This is number 2, Same more or less, different colour front doors and curtains, but I have developed a better method of filling the corners by masking right to the edge of the brick print then wiping in the No More Cracks which dries quite quickly. I've also lightened down the brick paint colour to a better match.

By number 4 I'll probably be an expert :D
Terrace House 2 1 1.JPG
Terrace House 2 3 2.JPG
keef

Post by keef »

Looking great. Like the roof.
Maltby Main.NT Aus My children inherited 80% of there intelligence from there mother but yeah, the other 30% came from me.