Soviet Memories V: Economy Today! USSR.

Chops

Soviet Memories V: Economy Today! USSR.

Post by Chops »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5w4d-Hlc9M

For entertainment purposes only; the references contained within were germane to my experience of Soviet Russia in '64, and some of its trains. I was thinking, if there was a trailer to a Soviet film, what would it look like? Also, I have an interest in paleontology. There is some talk about trying to clone the extinct European auroch- hah, hah, good luck if they pull that off. It was enormous and aggressive. Attempts to clone a Wooly Mammoth, BTW, failed, as the eons of freezing and thawing rendered the DNA into mush.

Pasted on a different sound track
. Thanks.
Last edited by Chops on Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RogerB

Re: Soviet Memories V: Economy Today! USSR.

Post by RogerB »

The video is blocked on copyright grounds. R-
Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts.
Chops

Re: Soviet Memories V: Economy Today! USSR.

Post by Chops »

RogerB wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:46 am The video is blocked on copyright grounds. R-
Pasted on a different sound track. Thanks for heads-up.
Chops

USSR Railski Pass

Post by Chops »

USSR is promoting the Caspian and Black Seas. All aboardski!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TWVTy4ETgI

This artist, the late Ivan Rebroff, really is an amazing talent. Some of his other work demonstrates a mind bending capacity to go from a deep bass to a high alto, effortlessly, I cannot think of anyone who does that, would love to be proven otherwise. Point of fact, I think he was West German, and not Russian at all. He trained at some classical academy, as his extraordinary voice was discovered young, and he worked very hard all his life doing concerts, records, and some opera- I think. Never married, no children. Astonishing talent, now beyond sight or hearing. Think he passed away earlier this century. RIP.