Behind the Steams in New Armadilloville

Chops

Behind the Steams in New Armadilloville

Post by Chops »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmC2cdn0hv4

Happy April Fools' Day, one and all. In New Armadilloville, every day is April Fools' Day.

Only time I have seen armadillos was in Western Oklahoma, and as road kill. Yech. They are about the size of a house cat, maybe a little bigger.
An intriguing creature, they are more closely related to ant eaters and sloths, than anything else. The appellation came from an off hand joke,
why don't you call your layout "Armadilloville?"

Some layouts have a backstory, and mine is that the nuclear energy plant and the associated Jade Fog Corp. released noxious radioactivity into the surrounding habitat, causing dinosaurs to rise from the fossil grave and explode the size of armadillos. Sort of like a cross between Peter Parker and Jurassic Park. I am fascinated by stones and bones, so it all comes together in New Armadilloville.

Truth is, I really like British OO more than North American stuff, but I have so much of the junk either gifted to me or purchased at impulse
from the bargain bin, that I had to do something with it all. It became "New" Armadilloville when it was chopped in half from 8x4 to better
accommodate my Anglophilia.
Bandit Mick

Re: Behind the Steams in New Armadilloville

Post by Bandit Mick »

Bonkers - but in a good way!
darkscot

Post by darkscot »

A relative thinks I would be interested in his late Father's layout and wants to donate it to me. It is 1970s Hornby and not really of interest, but I am tempted to take it and turn it into something crazy like Armadilloville.
Modelling post war LMS. DCC control via Roco z21 & multiMAUS
Chops

Post by Chops »

You should. :)