Free Small Goods Store from Scalescenes

Help with layout scenics
darkscot

Free Small Goods Store from Scalescenes

Post by darkscot »

I have got a Scalescenes factory unit waiting to be built and this would be a nice addition.
https://scalescenes.com/product/r002-small-goods-store/
Modelling post war LMS. DCC control via Roco z21 & multiMAUS
Bandit Mick

Re: Free Small Goods Store from Scalescenes

Post by Bandit Mick »

Have never used Scalescenes. Will be interested to see how you get on.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Thanks for posting this, drawing my attention to something new to me.

As well as the goods store there's also a weigh bridge/coal office freebie (which includes lots of material options, several stone option, brick of various types, etc.) that includes coal staithes that I'll definitely be adding to my layout.

Looking around the web page the section of construction tips include weathering techniques that will be really handy when I eventually come to revisiting the structures on my layout - mostly Metcalfe - and therein is another freebie, 'grime' for window glass - NB to be printed on laser friendly transparency film of course!

Upcoming models that I'll be buying are the non-Conformist chapel and I'll be intersted to see the 009 structure set as I've just realised that I have room for a small 'feeder' on my layout - lots of work to come when the nights start closing in again ...
Chuffchuff

Post by Chuffchuff »

I use Scalescenes and am in the process of making a low relief station.

The down loads are PDF files which can be loaded into a paint program and details altered ie move or delete details such as doors windows. Door colours cam be changed etc.

The use of 2mm card is a bit of a nightmare as my cutting leaves a little to be desired! Most walls finish up at 4 mm thick, almost bomb proof. I am trying 1.5mm card and see how it works out.

One thing I have learnt and am revising some of my early makes is that my Brother inkjet has quite different colour shadings depending on the the paper setting. There are a combination of papers and ink settings for papers. From memory 5 paper types (times) four ink density types. Choosing the correct one is obviously a good thing. I manage d to assume a general setting would ok and whatever I did to change the density in the paint App left a magenta tinge.

I use Paint.net. Freebie download or from the Microsoft shop.

Rgds
darkscot

Post by darkscot »

I also recommend Paint.net, a very underrated programme.

I have got a Canon printer and I am amazed just how thick card it can handle. Scalescenes recommends printing onto standard paper then sticking it to the appropriate card. That does work well, but I have recently discovered that printing direct onto light card and then re-enforcing the corners if necessary is much easier.
Modelling post war LMS. DCC control via Roco z21 & multiMAUS
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

darkscot wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:21 pm I also recommend Paint.net, a very underrated programme.

I have got a Canon printer and I am amazed just how thick card it can handle. Scalescenes recommends printing onto standard paper then sticking it to the appropriate card. That does work well, but I have recently discovered that printing direct onto light card and then re-enforcing the corners if necessary is much easier.
A plus one for that. I have a simple and cheap Canon PIXMA inkjet printer and recommend it highly - I've actually got two!

Although I have been printing onto special paper I'd not thought about simply printing directly onto thin card and I certainly couldn't do this with a laser jet printer!
mick1219

Post by mick1219 »

Can't print on card on my printer HP envy card jams
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Could print onto paper and then glue the print onto card?
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

Some scalescenes models need different parts putting onto different thicknesses of card, so need to print on paper then glue to correct thickness card.

I've done a couple (low relief warehouse front and canal narrowboat).

I've also had a fishing boat on the go for over a year.
Personally I find scalescenes models rather fiddly compared to say Metcalfe kits,but that's probably a reflection on my limited skills and patience!

One good thing about them is that if you make a mistake with a part, you can just print that page off again.