Don't Forget To Make Space In Your Inbox.

Questions about using the site
Mountain Goat

Don't Forget To Make Space In Your Inbox.

Post by Mountain Goat »

I have just realized that my inbox was full of messages. (I was wondering why no one had private messaged me). The filling up can take one by surprize as I just had not noticed, so I hope no one was trying to get in touch to buy one of my surplus locos or for any other reason.
Do a check of your own inboxes to ensure that you have room for incoming messages as it is surprizing how quickly the inbox can fill up.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Walkingthedog

Re: Don't Forget To Make Space In Your Inbox.

Post by Walkingthedog »

I delete or save all my messages as soon asI have read them. Not sure why there should be anything in your inbox.
Nurse, the screens!
twalton1145

Post by twalton1145 »

Good advice WTD, but where do you save them if you don't want to delete?
Ted
IanS

Post by IanS »

I'm assuming the reference to the inbox is the inbox for messages here. Mine was nearly full too. All gone now.

It's also a 'good idea' :idea: to periodically delete very old messages in your e-mail inbox too. The photos people send you take up a large amount of any quota you may have. I had messages from 5 years ago and earlier, none of which need keeping now.

(Of course that one that I deleted yesterday is the one I need tomorrow!) :mrgreen:
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Sorry I had my email head on. Having said that I don’t keep any messages in my PM inbox either, not once the subject has been dealt with.
Nurse, the screens!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

How do you delete old PM's. I ticked all the boxes and hit delete and confirmed the deletions, but they are all still there?
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Works for me Barry. Tick all the boxes go to the bottom and select "delete marked" then click the button to the right of that box that says "Go" then click "yes" when it says to confirm.
Nurse, the screens!
yelrow

Post by yelrow »

i had been trying to delete mine without success, thanks Brian. all gone now
sandy

Post by sandy »

bulleidboy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:41 pm How do you delete old PM's. I ticked all the boxes and hit delete and confirmed the deletions, but they are all still there?
After reading this post I thought I would go and delete some of my old messages and ticked the relevent ones then went to delete messages then to confirm box then nothing, waited few seconds and it confirmed deleted. I checked if message had gone and it was still there. Did that 3 times and then on the forth it worked.I put it down to the fact that some times my laptop is getting a bit slow. I am sure it is my computer and not the forum software. There are times I feel like tossing this computer out the window. :lol:
Sandy
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Thanks Brian - it worked this time. I'm sure I did everything you said when I tried before. Box now empty.