Hornby APT HO scale, Never Opened

Just joined, say 'Hello' in here
Blaster

Hornby APT HO scale, Never Opened

Post by Blaster »

Hello,

I just joined this forum and wanted to greet you all from Texas, USA. I am 58 and own a model train collection, with a few rare gems. I'd like to say I have room for these wonderful models, but I just don't. I have about 70-75 HO scale locomotives, most powered, some dummy units; I also have 60-70 rolling stock, including freight and passenger cars. These items have been boxed up in a storage unit for 10+ years, unfortunately.

The rare item I have is an unopened, new-in-box BR APT made by Hornby. I also have HST/IC125 and 225, but I'm told those aren't rare. Can anyone please give me an approximate value of these Hornby items? Thanks very much, indeed.

Cheers to you all!
Steve M

Re: Hornby APT HO scale, Never Opened

Post by Steve M »

Welcome to the forum.
The usual way to determine value is to search eBay to see what prices these models have reached in the past. It's helpful to know the catalogue reference numbers as there's may have been different versions of the same model over the years.
Some of the larger retailers in the U.K. offer a purchasing service although distance may be an issue.
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)