DCC

Post here items relating to Bachmann. Including all their subsidiary makes.
alanto6

DCC

Post by alanto6 »

SEASON GREETINGS GUYS......I have a bachman class 37 and in with some other items i bought with it cama a hornby tts class 37 sound chip,tried everything possible to put on my dynamis to no avail,are hornby chipsno compatable
Phil s

Re: DCC

Post by Phil s »

I have a backmann class 37 with a Hornby tt sound chip and it works fine, only small issue I had was getting it to run smoothly but after playing around with the cv’s it runs responsibly well. Sounds aren’t too bad, I ended up putting the speaker in the fuel tanks ( had to remove some weight). I use a nce power cab controller, not sure that makes a difference.
Brian

Re: DCC

Post by Brian »

alanto6 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:49 pm SEASON GREETINGS GUYS......I have a bachman class 37 and in with some other items i bought with it cama a hornby tts class 37 sound chip,tried everything possible to put on my dynamis to no avail,are hornby chipsno compatible
Hi
Are you saying it won't move? Or that it will move but the sounds don't play?
If it won't move try resetting the decoder to its default values and address number then retry. Reset of a TTS is the standard CV8 enter 8 and that will reset all CVs (not sounds) to as manufactured, including its address number to 03. Also worth try is setting CV150 to either 0 or 1 and see if one of those works.
If it moves OK on its correct address number, then have you turned the sound On by operating F1 button?
If you don't have one the TTS class 37 manual is available here https://support.hornby.com/hc/en-gb/art ... 0015924780
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website