Heading back indoors

Just joined, say 'Hello' in here
Tingewickmax

Heading back indoors

Post by Tingewickmax »

Hello all. It's been 20 years playing with trains in the garden now. Getting on a bit and a somewhat creekier.., ok, only 68. So a move indoors beckons. At least during those darker days.

I presently run 16 & 15 mm scales on 45 mm track. British and US narrow gauge respectively. 2 rail DC, NiMh battery and gas fired live steam power. 20 years before that it was kit built and die-cast static and slot racing cars. So, happy with both RTR and kit building/modelling, whatever gives me subjects and results I like. Started out, as a 7 year old, with Triang TT. That's what happens when you have an Austrian father. It's a mittel European thing, y'know ;)

Plan is to stick to UK narrow gauge indoors, so 009, with a touch of Std gauge, the odd ball stuff. I know dual gauge track is out there. I prefer DC but have used DCC with battery and RC outdoors. I am familiar with locos that can operate in both environments with DCC ESC/sound cards in 15 mm scale. A bit of 009 I have bought has this claimed functionality. But I know unlocking the features fully will require DCC operation.

I am astounded by the detail and functionality being offered now. Probably this is what has brought me to into this. I do like a nice scale model, bit plus and a big feature of past hobby involvements. Big steep learning curve ahead hence I am signed on here ;) I hope my previous hobby background will allow me to contribute as much as the assistance will be asking for.......a lot :lol: See you around, please be gentle :)
IanS

Re: Heading back indoors

Post by IanS »

Welcome.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Welcome to the forum
Do keep us posted on your progress.
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Welcome - Look forward to seeing how you progress having moved indoors.
Tingewickmax

Post by Tingewickmax »

Brian wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:23 am Welcome to the forum
Do keep us posted on your progress.
Thank you. Books look interesting. I'm signed up to Mortons. Will buy. Max
Tingewickmax

Post by Tingewickmax »

bulleidboy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:20 pm Welcome - Look forward to seeing how you progress having moved indoors.
It'll be slow. But thanks. Max