Too Good to Go - Magic Bag

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
bulleidboy

Too Good to Go - Magic Bag

Post by bulleidboy »

I don't know whether any of you have ever purchased a Magic Bag from the Too Good To Go app?- It is food that cannot be kept for another day and is sold off cheaply, but you do not know what you are going to get - usually. My wife likes Sushi and Waitrose will often do one or may be two Sushi Magic Bags and you have to be very quick to get one for collection the next day. Pam was quick last night and won one for £4.99 - so we collected tonight, and while we were waiting for the "bag" to be filled, another member of staff approached me and said "do you like blue cheese"? which I do - so she said have this for free, and gave me a wrapped chunk of Bath Blue Cheese with a sticker on it for £6.25. The Sushi was priced at £19.50 - so for £4.99 a profitable trip to Waitrose.
Steve M

Re: Too Good to Go - Magic Bag

Post by Steve M »

It's even better if you're on the staff as you get first dibs. 8-)
(Doesn't happen often though).
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Unfortunately they do not always go with "healthy eating". Sometime ago we picked up a Magic Bag from Greggs, and Pam said "the grandchildren love these", and the shop assistant immediately put two more packs of ring donuts and sausage rolls in the bag - all for £3.50.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Some of our 'regulars' have taken to ambushing the Krispy Kreme doughnut man for the out of date (one day old!) stock he's taking back to the depot.
But then healthy eating is not their prime consideration. ;)
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)