Hello from a new boy

Just joined, say 'Hello' in here
SouthforSunshine

Hello from a new boy

Post by SouthforSunshine »

Hi All, Hardly a New Boy, at the age of rapidly approaching 70 I have been modelling of all sorts with varying success!! since I got my first proper 'Train set' at the age of 4, it was a Triang TT Goods Set. Whilst long ago disposed of when Triang ceased TT production I have now started to collect Triang TT for my sins. I mostly model in 00/4mm scale, with interest in the Southern Railway post WW2, I agree with the late John Charman, black engines are easy to paint, also BR(E) and Blue period BR too. I dabble in 7mm narrow gauge and have some 7mm 0 gauge locos rescued from oblivion in various scrap bins which I have rebuilt for display as I have only a small amount of room to have a layout set up in. My interest is mostly in operation, I have a sequence timetable which does work with a clock if I want to but mostly prefer a gentle operating session with a purpose. I have an interest in the prototype having worked for the 12"/ft version for over 40 years mostly in the operations side and am also a non working member of a couple of Heritage Railways, the IOWSR and Bluebell.

Re: Hello from a new boy

Post by 508035 »

Welcome to the forum sir, there's plenty of knowledge to hand on a wide variety of subjects and we're always ready with advice and suggestions if requested and we always look forward to seeing what we're all working on.
Brian

Post by Brian »

A warm welcome to you.
We look forward to reading more posts from you in the future.
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Welcome on board. A good crew here.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

Welcome from a relative newbie :D
IanS

Post by IanS »

Welcome - it's already been said but the wealth of knowledge here is exceptional. (Not so much monetary wealth, it can be an expensive hobby if you let it ;-) )