Hello everyone

Just joined, say 'Hello' in here
Screwdriver

Hello everyone

Post by Screwdriver »

Hello to you all.

I've recently got back in to model railways after a long hiatus. I am approaching retirement so it feels about right. I've been repairing electronic items for many years as part of my work so the DCC aspect is right up my street. I used to use a H & M HM5000 controller which is a primitive form of digital control compared to what's available now. It was based on the Hornby Zero 1 and used their decoders.

I will have to reconstruct the 00 layout though as there is only a small section of track left as Beeching must have visited! :(

Cheers. :D
Walkingthedog

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Walkingthedog »

Welcome to the forum. Tons or should I say tonnes of knowledge on here plus a bit of humour. Look forward to seeing your progress.
Nurse, the screens!
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

Hi and welcome :D
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Hi and welcome. Look forward to seeing how your layout progresses - retirement is great :)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
We look forward to reading more from you as you progress.

As an electronic repair person you may be interested in joining MERG, where an extensive range of self-build electronic kits for the railway modeller are available https://www.merg.org.uk/
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Brian wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:17 am As an electronic repair person you may be interested in joining MERG, where an extensive range of self-build electronic kits for the railway modeller are available https://www.merg.org.uk/
Thanks for the link, that does look ideal for me and a good site to join. :D
IanS

Post by IanS »

Welcome - as you have already seen, we're a helpful bunch of enthusiasts with a wealth of knowledge that is willingly shared.

Remember the old saying that goes something like "the only stupid question is the one you haven't asked!"
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Brian wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:17 am As an electronic repair person you may be interested in joining MERG, where an extensive range of self-build electronic kits for the railway modeller are available https://www.merg.org.uk/
I did join MERG after your recommendation. Thanks again. :D