Little Weldon

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Dublo

Little Weldon

Post by Dublo »

IMG_20180403_051729.jpg
Hello all
My earliest train was a clockwork Playcraft 0-4-0 with wagons. At first this was laid out on the living room floor, before moving into my bedroom. When the spring broke my parents disposed of it. I have since found another at a car boot sale this runs the occasional special. When I was 7 or 8 one Christmas I was given a Triang Hornby Princess set and a Jinty. Following on from this several layouts were attempted but nothing really of any consequence
A year ago I started constructing the baseboards for a new layout. This is my first railway for twenty seven years. The layout is housed in the smallest bedroom, hence the the rather odd dimensions 11" 4' x 5" 10" . The main station Little Weldon is on 2" wide boards whilst the smaller is on 18" .
When I was in my late teens I was given a Silver King and a N2 along with a circuit of track and a few other bits and pieces. I was hooked on tin plate. As I was born after the end of production this was all new to me.
Dublo

Re: Little Weldon

Post by Dublo »

A few more pictures
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It is lovely. I would like to get my 3 rail stuff out but I don't really have space as I don't know what is happening. In theory I have lots of space but not knowing the future I am a little reluctant to make plans. I was considering selling the 3 rail incase it all deteriates as where it is stored tends to get a little damp at times.
I have been impressed by the careful way that you have intergrated your 3 rail layout into the scenery. You have it just right.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Dublo

Post by Dublo »

A few more to return back to Weldon.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Little Weldon -- A class on its own. I love it.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
PLB

Post by PLB »

Well done. Image
Regards,
Pierre
mijj

Post by mijj »

It looks good, you have got on with it all very well.
Jim.
Watch and pray, time hastes away.
RSR Engineer

Post by RSR Engineer »

Fantastic HD 3-rail, Dublo. Super layout, very nicely integrated. I also have a small collection that I'm able to set up on the dining table occasionally (I have a a couple of old pix on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/53775591@ ... 783700505/) but sadly not for long, so I seldom bother.

And tell us, please, how do you get the rail ends to join up behind the island platform with those half straights in there (where the green N2 is standing)? I was always a bit cheesed off at Meccano Ltd for leaving their track range incomplete. Märklin did a far better job on that (with their M-Gleis).

Cheers,
Artur
Cliffyg

Post by Cliffyg »

Nicely done !
Dublo

Post by Dublo »

Hello all
Thank you very much for your kind comments. I have been really enjoying myself with running and building Little Weldon over the last year. I still have the locomotive yard to finish still not quite sure on the layout of this yet. In answer to your question Artur I hope the attached photo will help to qualify the track layout.
IMG_20180826_133311.jpg
IMG_20180829_050728.jpg