Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
footplate1947

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by footplate1947 »

It's arrived now and I expect most members have one or have seen it but this is my first viewing. This GWR oo gauge model of the City class is about as perfect as a oo gauge model can be. Well done Bachmann. I love the opening smoke box door and detail inside. Also the cab detail is lovely. She runs so well as well. When I tested it this morning I can only say it ran perfectly and as slow and smooth as any DCC loco could with my old Gaugemaster DC controller. :D
If only there was enough hours in the day..................John
cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

Bought a few more wagons while on holiday last week:

Image from a market stall in Monmouth. It will join my existing rake of tank wagons.

Also this triple pack of Oxford Rail ICI wagons, from a model shop in Hereford:

Chops

Post by Chops »

Night Mail 004.jpg
Picked up this widget from UK eBay. I've wanted one since I first saw the prototype, or one like it, in the London Transport Museum back in '66.
This old Hornby piece runs like a champ, having already seen some use.
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

Dapol Class 52 Western Sound

With a new batch of OO gauge Dapol Westerns shortly hitting the shops, I am thinking of treating myself to a Maroon version with Full Yellow Ends, “Western Gladiator” I believe........ my quandary is whether to take the easy option and go for the sound fitted version, or instead do with the basic DCC ready version and source a separate Sound Decoder ? ..... does anybody have any experience of the Dapol factory fitted sound ?

If it is a thumbs down for the factory fitted sound, then would be grateful for any recommendations for the best sound module and speaker - thanks Richard
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

Fit your own decoder everytime, loads of room in a western and a simple 5 min job, Howes, South west or legobiffoman all work well. And it will work out cheaper.
teedoubleudee

Post by teedoubleudee »

Chops wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:39 pm Picked up this widget from UK eBay. I've wanted one since I first saw the prototype, or one like it, in the London Transport Museum back in '66.
This old Hornby piece runs like a champ, having already seen some use.
Nice one Chops. Reminds me of my trainspotting days watching the LNER "streaks" thundering past a great vantage spot in Finsbury Park, on their way to and from Kings Cross, London. Happy days.
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician
Chops

Post by Chops »

I got born too late. But just looking at them is amazing. Thanks for sharing the memory.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Coach Set 968 about to depart Wykeham hauled by Sir Gawain. Three of the new Hornby 59' Bulleid Coaches in BR Green - still to be fitted with close couplers and Kadee No.18's at each end..

ImageIMG_0459 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Yesterday evening about 6-30 pm I ordered two lengths of Peco flexi track from TrackShack on the Isle of Man. It has just arrived at 10-15 am. £3 p&p. Great service.
Nurse, the screens!
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

Walkingthedog wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:27 am Yesterday evening about 6-30 pm I ordered two lengths of Peco flexi track from TrackShack on the Isle of Man. It has just arrived at 10-15 am. £3 p&p. Great service.
I agree they are awesome and have never let me down - no connection other than a very satisfied customer.