Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
Hound Dog

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by Hound Dog »

Hydraulics come to Montgreenan

Latest addition to the fleet, Dapol Class 52 D1016 "Western Gladiator" has finally arrived and joins stable mate B809 Class 42 "Champion" as the Hydraulics come to Montgreenan…….…..I never saw these beast's in the flesh ( well I might have as a wee boy on holiday in Paignton), but as I get more into Model Railways I am developing a growing appreciation for GWR diesels and in fact all pre-BR Blue diesels, so much so that I think I will probably have to adapt my layout to be able to support a seasonal switch between the Pre and BR Blue era's.

I have patiently waited for this new batch of Dapol Maroon FYE Class 52's to become available and I am not disappointed ( this is my first Dapol loco), although the name & number plates were missing, but were subsequently despatched 24hrs later by Hattons...…...run's beautifully, but I will need to trim one of my platform edges a little as the corner of the front valance fouls slightly...….also think I might have to find funds from somewhere for a quality Sound decoder to really appreciate this beauty to its full.

Enjoy the Hydraulic's and the line-up of pre-BR Blue diesels ( Class 23 and 45) in my growing fleet...…..thanks Richard
keef

Post by keef »

Received in the post a great assortment of coal wagons.(Thanks to Brian).check out my video and see them in action.A great addition to my layout. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFJ3AHF
Maltby Main.NT Aus My children inherited 80% of there intelligence from there mother but yeah, the other 30% came from me.
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

Nice to see them getting some use in Oz Keef, rather than in a display cabinet as they were here. Enjoy 8-)
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Two new wagons have arrived for running to Sovereign Street.
IMG_2785.JPG
Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

Hornby J50 0-6-0 tank.
Lovely loco that runs well over my set track points, even at slow speeds.
It's quite heavy for its size, partly due to having weights in the side tank. If you want to fit a DCC chip (which I don't), you have to remove the weight from on tank (instructions as to how to do this are in the box).

Mr Bones

Post by Mr Bones »

I have one of those and love. Lovely little runner. Adding the DCC chip was a bit of a faf, because as you say you have to remove one of the weights but well worth the effort.
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

Not the latest edition, just one i found today when digging out a layout from storage. :shock:
Chops

Post by Chops »

Nice smoker!

My imported Hornby Terrier. Fabulous piece: pulls like an ox, and a nice gearing that allows it to run slow as a snail whilst getting
sufficient voltage. Wish everything ran this good.
hunslet

Post by hunslet »

This arrived recently .
While some may think of it as a box I like old electric locos made with steam engine technology in their running gear.
Built for the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1931 to 35 they handled passenger trains until displaced by the GG1.

Model By Broadway Ltd with sound & DCC.

NYC Niagara also by Broadway Ltd in transit to me now.

Regards, Colin.
teedoubleudee

Post by teedoubleudee »

hunslet wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:37 pm This arrived recently .
While some may think of it as a box I like old electric locos made with steam engine technology in their running gear.
Built for the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1931 to 35 they handled passenger trains until displaced by the GG1.

Model By Broadway Ltd with sound & DCC.

NYC Niagara also by Broadway Ltd in transit to me now.

Regards, Colin.
A previous layout I built many many years ago was based on the then current BR locomotive stud which was mostly diesel. When I came back to the hobby my wife convinced me diesels were boring and to go down the steam era route which I happily did. I still find modern diesels and electrics lack interest but I do find many continental locomotives like this one arouse my interest. Perhaps I should consider a continental layout next :D
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician