Brand new enthusiast

Just joined, say 'Hello' in here
Northway777

Re: Brand new enthusiast

Post by Northway777 »

Mountain Goat wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:33 pm You will soon be looking to find room for things like this or prehaps even more!
For now I still have some level of control but I'm not sure how long it's going to last 😆
Knowing me I'll have to move into the garage before long haha.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I decided to go small and portable because I don't know where I am going to end up.
Ok. I have have a lot more work to do on it. I am in no hurry. Is an experimental layout to test a few ideas so I am not too worried. Is just to have some fun :)

All in just 7ft x 2ft.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Northway777

Post by Northway777 »

Mountain Goat wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:03 pm I decided to go small and portable because I don't know where I am going to end up.
Ok. I have have a lot more work to do on it. I am in no hurry. Is an experimental layout to test a few ideas so I am not too worried. Is just to have some fun :)

All in just 7ft x 2ft.
Looks like a good start mate! I'm going to do something similar after Christmas as mine is just around the tree at the moment. I want a nice layout, for my boy though of course 🙄

glencairn

Post by glencairn »

A layout round the Christmas tree!

Is the Household Authorities okay about the Christmas tree being up all year?

The layout is for your little fella, eh! Wait until he takes over. Bang goes your ideas. :lol:

Oh! and welcome to the Forum

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
Northway777

Post by Northway777 »

glencairn wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:07 pm A layout round the Christmas tree!

Is the Household Authorities okay about the Christmas tree being up all year?

The layout is for your little fella, eh! Wait until he takes over. Bang goes your ideas. :lol:

Oh! and welcome to the Forum

Glencairn
Haha the tree is the only thing keeping the track under control at the moment. Once it comes down there will be no limit. I have a couple if weeks to try and gain some sort of control 😆

Thanks 🙂
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I took the slow route to modelling where everything has to be made. It is very rewarding and fun, but time consuming... Though I do admit that 99.9% of my modelling time is spent in thought rather then deed. Daydreaming!

Your trains could do with a nice layout to run on. :) Take your time and have fun!
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Bandit Mick

Post by Bandit Mick »

I work slowly too - it's what I prefer as my job expects everything to be done yesterday and being able to take my time when modelling is a luxury.