Railway Universe

Just joined, say 'Hello' in here
RailwayUniverse

Railway Universe

Post by RailwayUniverse »

Hello together,

I am new in this Forum :D Thanks to the Admin for accepting me.

I am Haiko and I unfortunately do not have a Model railway due to several reasons (Money and Space)

My hobby is rather recording (model) railway exhibitions and posting the videos on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6RCr3 ... EisLwl-c8g

I am looking in this forum for ideas about events, museums and anything else related to Model Railways.

I am currently located in Prague so many of my videos are currently from Czech Republic or from my travels.

So if you have suggestions, ideas, or just wanna talk, feel free to write me. Also I would be happy about new subscribers if you like the videos. :mrgreen:

Regards,

Haiko alias Railway Universe
Mountain Goat

Re: Railway Universe

Post by Mountain Goat »

Hello and welcome.
I model in 7mm narrow gauge (0-16.5. Also known as 0e). I can build things without spending too much money. Here are some that didn't cost a lot to make.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Mr Bones

Post by Mr Bones »

Welcome to the forum Haiko.
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!
mijj

Post by mijj »

Hello and welcome Haiko. I watched your video and it was good to see. They have a large space to run their trains.
I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Jim.
Bandit Mick

Post by Bandit Mick »

Welcome to the friendly forum Haiko. That's a big layout you filmed. Not many of us have so much space but we still get lots of pleasure out of our modelling.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Just want to add to my reply above about space... (While I previously mentioned how you don't need a lot of money to have a layout, I forgot to mention that you don't need a lot of space).
The layout I'm building is in 2ftx7ft. (About 600 x 1230 mm). It has an oval of track with two passing loops and an interesting siding. True, the more space one has the better. But you don't need a lot as there are ways to make small layouts that don't cost a lot to make.
RailwayUniverse

Post by RailwayUniverse »

Thanks for the welcome!

@Mountain Goat, Thanks, I will consider it :)
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I've made my own track but you could use Peco flexible track. (Except if you wanted a diamond crossing on a curve which you would have to make yourself as Peco diamond crossings have different angles, and are on straight track).
Peco do specific 7mm narrow gauge track (0-16.5) but some modellers use 00 gauge track to save costs, though one would have to hide the 00 gauge sleepers as they would be too thin and spaced incorrectly. The track gauge is the same though, which is the most important aspect.
The loco in the photo before was made by converting a Hornby saddle tank made to the "Smokey Joe" type of design. I cut the old cab off and made a new larger cab. I also took the old chimney off to put a larger one on which was made from a fountain pen ink cartridge.
Waggons can be made from wood or metal. I tend to use tin for metal and also old rails etc. Wood can be used from coffee or tea stirers or lollypop sticks etc.