PSX-AR wiring for double triangle

mservcma

PSX-AR wiring for double triangle

Post by mservcma »

I'm using one DCC Specialties PSX-AR Auto Reverser on a triangle on my DCC layout. I now wish to extend the layout as per the diagram on the attached jpg file. I'm not sure how many additional PSX-ARs I'll need, or how they should be wired. I see there is something called the PSX-AR Double Reverse Mode, but I don't know if that could be used. Can anyone advise?
Double Triangle Wiring.jpg
Brian

Re: PSX-AR wiring for double triangle

Post by Brian »

You will probably need two RLMs. One on each arm of the reverse loops. Don't forget the loops rails need to be longer than the longest complete train to travel over the loop I.e. the whole train loco carriages or wagons needs to fit between entrance and exit IRJs.
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
mservcma

Post by mservcma »

Thanks for the very rapid response, Brian. Your website is a great resource that I've used quite a lot. If the top two points on my diagram are Point A and Point B, and the bottom two are Point D and Point C, labelled clockwise, then I guess I can wire the AC loop to one PSX-AR as if the BD loop didn't exist, and the second PSX-AR on the BD loop as if the AC loop didn't exist.
Brian

Post by Brian »

That sound reasonable and should be OK. The only possible conflict is with the Double Slip. I assume it will be an Insulated frog one? Here I would fit the RLMs outputs to the top pair of tracks leading down to the slip (Or to the two lower tracks leading up to the slip).
Anther possible alternative is to use one RLM. Isolate all the rails leading from points A to D with IRJs (as before) and connect one RLM output to the outer Stock rails of the Insulated Frog DS. Though I've never tried this, I cant see any reason for it not to work?

Don't forget the need to ensure your longest train will fit between any entrance IRJs and any exit IRJs. This could mean pushing one or both sets of IRJs in any direction further out and possibly beyond points A to D?
mservcma

Post by mservcma »

I was intending the double slip to be a Peco SL-E190 Electrofrog, powered by two Cobalt motors - either iP Digital or iP Analog. I'm not sure of the implications of that with regards to the PSX-AR(s).
Brian

Post by Brian »

The Double Slip especially being an Electrofrog may cause problems?
At this stage I cant see how such would work?
But I'm not at home with a PC to work on, only a cell phone. Not back until Saturday then to play catch up!