Hornby: A model world TV series

Post here items relating to Hornby. Including all their subsidiary makes.
Walkingthedog

Re: Hornby: A model world TV series

Post by Walkingthedog »

I would say more than just using their name like the Hornby mag. It is about Hornby, even down to the buildings problems. They said it was also covering railway modellers so is bound to show other products.
Nurse, the screens!
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

Apparently (according to FB for what that is worth) this week Simon will reveal the way forward for model railways - a new system perhaps. I wonder if his reveal agrees with my testing - haha.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I've just sat through last nights recorded episode of about 50 minutes duration, IMO it has to be some of the worse model railway TV viewing I've seen in many years!
This is Hornby/Airfix etc on TV.
We saw....
Sams Trains trying to break the speed record in OO! Really, what a load of ..... &*%$ !!! Tripping his homes mains circuit breaker and working 1-76th scale speeds out from two bits of tape stuck on the floor! Eventually 30 volts was applied to the track/loco and it reach Mach 8 or something stupid! What a load of utter tosh and in typical Sam Trains mode, all carried out on the carpet! :o
Then came the Hornby Service Centre. in Westwood... OMG if that is how they work and having seen the ham fisted approach taken, I wouldn't send them a push along loco, yet alone something with an electric motor inside it :o

I was expecting far more and far better things than the rubbish being shown!
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
yelrow

Post by yelrow »

so you liked it then Brian. Must admit, i totally agree. Did nothing for reputation of Hornby.
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Sounds like a bad episode, shall watch it later. The previous ones have been very good in my view. Anything to do with Sam's trains is rubbish.
Nurse, the screens!
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Very little to commend this week’s episode. Could have made do much more of the Airfix Spitfire design process but instead chose to show how inept the repair staff are and don’t even get me started on the idiot in his loft!
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

The series does seem to be getting worse with each episode.
We could do with less of the external wandering off track micro-dramas and concentrate more on Hornby Towers and their products.
Funny how Llyndon’s Hunter seemed to be owned by SK. It will be interesting to see if it ends up on the roof sitting on a couple of scaffolding planks or if they get a pro in to design and erect proper steel framing.
Last edited by RAF96 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Well I thought the episode was OK except for the ham fisted repair man and that stupid idiot in his attic. Somebody should seal him up there. Unbelievably daft.
Nurse, the screens!
Hugha

Post by Hugha »

Just caught up with the series, agree with some of the comments above, but overall it’s ok (just) and certainly not the best thing that Yesterday has done of late. Two comments, the voice over person is IMO appalling but worse of all who wants to build a railway upside down??
sandy

Post by sandy »

I have enjoyed all of the them so far. Amaising to see all the developement that goes into a simple plastic kit. And the time it takes.
I understand now why they cost so much.
Sandy