Power Issues

scoopet

Power Issues

Post by scoopet »

Hello,

In red is where I currently have power and blue is where it is required. I know I will be needing a new controller but what would be recommended to do this in the best way?

Thanks!
Brian

Re: Power Issues

Post by Brian »

Hi
You need a second power connection to the rails on the upper left of the image as well as the one on the lower right. Ensure outer rail on lower feed connects to outer rail on upper new feed place and the same with the inner rail feeds

My amended image shows the new connections. Check polarity as I only guessed red and black orientation.

Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
scoopet

Post by scoopet »

Thank you for the reply.

I've been thinking of maybe getting a Combi controller and using a terminal block maybe to create the two power connections.
Would this be recommended?

:)
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Will rewrite what I put as made a mistake.

What you need is to connect the two that I have put in orange.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Brian

Post by Brian »

scoopet wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:51 pm Thank you for the reply.

I've been thinking of maybe getting a Combi controller and using a terminal block maybe to create the two power connections.
Would this be recommended?

:)
Hi

No problem with that at all. :D A two way piece of terminal block with the two existing track feed wires in it and then onto the existing lower right connection. Then two new wires in the terminal block to the suggested upper left rails.

NOTE: The drawing shown in post #4 with orange feed wires will only work when the lower right point is set towards the 45 degree track! If the lower right point is set to straight running no power will flow to the upper rails. Therefore I would not recommend this option. :o
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website