I'm looking for people who like operating at exhibitions

Exhibitions, Swap meets etc

Please Note: When posting forthcoming events please include Car Parking availability, Local transport services, Refreshment facilities and Disability accessibility information for those that need it.
TEAMYAKIMA

I'm looking for people who like operating at exhibitions

Post by TEAMYAKIMA »

I live in Watford and I have a big 26ft x 10ft 'exhibition only' layout - and therein lies my problem - I don't drive and whilst I have a team of helpers, they all live miles away.

I am posting in all model railway fora to ask if there is anyone who lives close to me who enjoys exhibiting and a pint or two in a pub - we are a very social little group and the highlight of any show weekend is the Friday and Saturday night socials in the pub.

Is there anyone out there who likes the idea of joining us? You can meet the team at any time to suit you and see how you get on - the whole idea is to enjoy each others company and have a nice weekend away?

Do you think this person we are looking for could be you? I hope so, please send me a PM and we can arrange a meet in a pub - and I'm buying the drinks!
Last edited by TEAMYAKIMA on Wed May 11, 2022 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

Re: I'm looking for people in Herts or North London who like operating at exhibitions

Post by Brian »

Sorry, you're too far from me to help you!
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Mr Bones

Re: I'm looking for people in Herts or North London who like operating at exhibitions

Post by Mr Bones »

Me too :(
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Not far from you but not willing to give up weekends I’m afraid.
Nurse, the screens!
Forfarian

Post by Forfarian »

469 miles at 60p x 2 =£562 approx.
Sorry I cant afford it out of my meagre pocket money the Lady of the Manor allows me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Forfarian aka Tim
Of course I talk to myself, I sometimes need expert advice!
TEAMYAKIMA

Post by TEAMYAKIMA »

Update.................

I've done quite well overall, although nobody 'just round the corner' yet.

Found - a driver who lives 20 minutes drive from me and who is keen to do exhibitions far and wide.

Found - offers for operators living in Manchester and Warrington which will be useful as I have bookings in Manchester, York and Wigan.

Found - operator who lives in Wiltshire and joined us at Bristol - he absolutely loved the whole experience and is up for my next show which is in Taunton.

Before my next show I am making simplifications to the operation which will make it really easy for newbies to start operating with virtually no training/practice necessary i.e. if you live near one of my upcoming shows and want to be part of the team when we come up your way, don't worry that you haaven't had opportunity to run the layout before - it will be VERY easy to pick things up in minutes.

In the next 12 months I'm looking for people living near Taunton, Aylesbury and Folkestone - how about it?