Peco EL-E95 problem.

A place to show what you are building, altering, kit bashing etc.
sandy

Peco EL-E95 problem.

Post by sandy »

I just replaced an SL-E95 . E/Frog point and while I was fitting it noticed that the tie bar had moved away from the spring and the point spring stopped working. Pushed it back towards the spring and cut a piece plasticard about 1.5 mm thick the length of the sleeper and pushed it between the sleeper and tie bar to stop the tie bar moving away from the spring. Fixed it OK.
Anyone else noticed this problem with new Peco points. Or did I get the Friday night one.
Sandy
Steve M

Re: Peco EL-E95 problem.

Post by Steve M »

Probably the Friday afternoon one Sandy. The only problems I have had with Peco points could usually attributed to my fat fingers. :D
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
sandy

Post by sandy »

Think your right Steve. I thought I had repaired it but after fitting it I have removed it again because the spring was very weak. Reckon that something in there assembly machine must have been out of alignment. It is going back to the shop I bought it.
That is the first time ever I have had a problem with a Peco Point. Or anything else for that matter.
Sandy
Brian

Post by Brian »

I always remove the over centre springs! But then I now use Servos which hold the point blades over anyway!

Not much help really!! 8-)
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Sandy, either give Peco a call or send it back to them - they have always been open to repair/replace in the past and mat still do so in this day and age.
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
sandy

Post by sandy »

That's not a lot of help Brian as I only have ordinary seep motors. :D
I am returning it to the shop he has another one on order for me as this one was his last in stock. Just my luck.
Sandy