DCC Reversing

Nickk

DCC Reversing

Post by Nickk »

Morning gentlemen

With many thanks to the replies to my posts in the N gauge section I have decided, possibly against my better judgement lol, to go DCC.

Below is a simplified diagram of what im trying to achieve and I thought Id sussed it but the more I think about it when I just want to run round the oval its going to trip the module and mess things up.

Even if ive got it right I aassume only one loco at a time could enter the red area.

Apologies if this is just muppetry and way off the mark

Steve M

Re: DCC Reversing

Post by Steve M »

Connect the RLM to the diagonal only and leave the oval out of the equation . The diagonal will need to be longer than the longest train including coaches etc that I see going to use it and isolated on both rails at each end.
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hi
The reverse loop as shwon is qiuite large so you'll be sure of a whole train (Loco and all carriages or wagons) fits inside the loop which is ideal but it can be shortened if wished.
You can have mulipule locos inside the loop, even sidings can be feed by the loops power, but only one can enter or leave the loop at any one time.
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Nickk

Post by Nickk »

Thank you chaps was just over thinking it a bit. The diagonal will be about 5ft long so should be no problem fitting anything in N :D